Can we apply for second iEAD since the original one still pending?

i-485SD

Registered Users (C)
I am still waiting for my original EAD (filled Sept. 2002), INS issued RFE, we responded the INS Received Dec 16,2002.

When I applied for iEAD after 90 days they issue the iEAD only for 7 months.

Since I have used ACT21, my employer need my EAD, and the 7 months will be expired in 3 months.

What should I do apply for new EAD again which probably will take forever again?
OR can I get another iEAD based on the pending one?

Any response will be appreciated.

thanks

I got my EAD approved last week with sep 2002. So, you might also get it soon without applying for iEAD again...

Originally posted by i-485SD
I am still waiting for my original EAD (filled Sept. 2002), INS issued RFE, we responded the INS Received Dec 16,2002.

Since I have used ACT21, my employer need my EAD, and the 7 months will be expired in 3 months.

AC 21 has nothing to do with EAD. EAD authorizes you to work when you do not have a valid H1. You must have a valid EAD when the present EAD expires.

You have another 3 months on the existing iEAD - there is a good chance your 485 will be approved before that (assuming the RFE is for 485.).

You can continue to work till the last day your EAD is valid. You might want to check with IIO after 1 month about EAD just to confirm it was not lost in the mail (and hope there is no change in address after filing EAD). Post office will not forward EAD to new address.

No you are not hte only one for iEAD twice

There are several - I myself have four people in the company
And there will be a lot more
I investigated earlier and found (from my attorney)that we cannot apply for iEAD twice. Actually I think that there is no precedent for this since there has never been such a delay.
My attorney gave some crap response because she herself was confused.
At present, am still awaiting EAD from CSC though I am thinking that I should go and check in INS San Jose myself
Please post your experiences.
Also please sign the petition for CSC 485. I am amazed at how many people complain about the delay and how few actually sign it.

Thanks guys for responses.

I already sign up the petition for my family and myself while ago.
This was the second EAD application, when my second EAD got RFE, and I had to go to get iEAD my lawyer said, that 7 months is enough, you most probably will get your approval, and you do not need to go though this SHIT, but with INS you can not predict and calculated anything, they can delay approval indefinitely and there is no any accountably to anyone unfortunately, just image how much of our life decision is on hold because of this GC. ( I have been waiting for long)
WAC-01-286-xxxxx
ND 9/17/01
FP 5/30/02
RFE 9/4/02
RFE Respond sent 10/10/02
RFE received 11/1/02
--------------------------------

can any post the link for iEAD?

I am planning to apply for renewal of my EAD. I know this will not come in 6 months, thought I start looking for information on iEAD.

Can anybody post the link to discussions around iEAD?

Sri