Can spouse of US citizen apply and get B-2 visa for short term visit to US


Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen currently in India.
I am looking to marry someone here, who has strong ties to India.
We want to travel to US for 1-2 months for tourism.
Can a spouse apply and get B-2 visa or USCIS would want them to only come on Fiance visa or Green card, even if she does not want to move to US?
Also, is it better for her to get B-2 before we decide to get married and then travel with me later, or get married and then apply for B-2 as my spouse.