Can Someone Help Me Out Please :/

jh1

i've been living in the U.S. for about 16 years..going on to 17. I was at the age of 4 and had no choice, but to come to America. We came here on a visiting visa and never left. I don't have any papers, visas, etc. I don't really know what to do anymore. I'm just really hoping the Dream Act would pass. I've been supporting myself financially since i graduated high school, but job opportunities are limited. Do any of you on this forum know of any way possible that i can be granted legal status? :confused:

there are two ways i know of...

you can either marry which is a quick process but then again a big commitment and then again u can always go back to your country and apply for a student visa and then from there try to apply for permanent status

u can always go back to your country and apply for a student visa and then from there try to apply for permanent status
If you are illegal and go back to your country and try to apply for a visa, wouldn't they deny it because of the 10 year penalty? Plus, isn't it too much of a big risk to take, what if you are not granted the visa? just wondering cuz that is my situation... my tourist visa expired... same thing.

well thats a risk you need to ask yourself if its worth taking. i know that for sure congress has to eithe deny or approve dream act by end of this year so i would wait.