• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can someone do the photo for me?

mo.amr.96

Hey,
i took a picture by a professional here in Egypt and was with glasses (he told me it is okay, that was the case last year) then after reading the rules i went back and had to do another photo (he made me pay again!).
anyways he editted the photo using photoshop and croppee (idk what he did but i won't risk it) so i asked for the original photo.

Can someone check with me and help with the cropping? Can do it using conversation or something (the background is also not pure white).

Thanks alot!

Hey,
i took a picture by a professional here in Egypt and was with glasses (he told me it is okay, that was the case last year) then after reading the rules i went back and had to do another photo (he made me pay again!).
anyways he editted the photo using photoshop and croppee (idk what he did but i won't risk it) so i asked for the original photo.

Can someone check with me and help with the cropping? Can do it using conversation or something (the background is also not pure white).

Thanks alot!

Try using the photo tool since its very simple and has clear instructions. Below is the link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

Hello everyone,

My friend is filling DV lottery application, but he doesn't have stepchildren's photo to submit with his DV lottery application. However he has old pics, can he use their old pics (around 7 yrs old).
that pic don't have plan back group, showing side face means not showing 2 ears. He doesn't have contact with stepchildren.so its not in his hand to get their picture. can he use old pics of his stepchilder in DV lottery in this situation? is pic is important or declaring full information is important.
pliz advise me.Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

My friend is filling DV lottery application, but he doesn't have stepchildren's photo to submit with his DV lottery application. However he has old pics, can he use their old pics (around 7 yrs old).
that pic don't have plan back group, showing side face means not showing 2 ears. He doesn't have contact with stepchildren.so its not in his hand to get their picture. can he use old pics of his stepchilder in DV lottery in this situation? is pic is important or declaring full information is important.

The rules are that every derivative needs a photo. The photo must meet certain requirements (fully detailed on USCIS website). So - one answer is using the photos he has represents a risk. It is possible the photos could invalidate the entry. So - it is up to your friend.

Hello everyone,

Is your friend still married to their mother?

The rules are that every derivative needs a photo. The photo must meet certain requirements (fully detailed on USCIS website). So - one answer is using the photos he has represents a risk. It is possible the photos could invalidate the entry. So - it is up to your friend.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it :)

Hi Sm1smom,

no, he is not married to their mother, got divorced many years ago.

For immigration purpose, a step relationship terminates when a marriage ends in divorce, unless in certain circumstances when there is an ongoing relationship between the step parent and step child. So IMO, your friend can submit his eDV registration without listing the children, if there has been no ongoing relationship between him and his ex’s children.

For immigration purpose, a step relationship terminates when a marriage ends in divorce, unless in certain circumstances when there is an ongoing relationship between the step parent and step child. So IMO, your friend can submit his eDV registration without listing the children, if there has been no ongoing relationship between him and his ex’s children.

The instructions do actually say to list all minor stepchildren even if no longer married to their parent. I can’t cut and paste on my device but it’s top of page 5 and repeated in FAQ no 13 on page 10.

The instructions do actually say to list all minor stepchildren even if no longer married to their parent. I can’t cut and paste on my device but it’s top of page 5 and repeated in FAQ no 13 on page 10.

Thank you for reminding me of that, I completely forgot about it - I had read a while back about a couple of cases where it was determined step relationship no longer existed when the marriage ended in a divorce or an annulment. That made me loose sight of what the DV instructions says, which technically is not correct. Imagine a situation where the same children are listed by two different sets of parents on their eDV registration forms due to the fact that a step relationship existed at one point in time. They do need to update that section.