Can one on H4 just got EID though husaband go to school?

meetmano

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I jst got my EID though my husband. Earlier i was on H4 visa. So now can i go to a school full time without changing my visa to J1? Please help me out..

Manu

You can attend school full time even on H4. The only advantage in having EAD is , you are eligible to receive stipend like teaching assistanship (TA) or research assistantship (RA).

On h4, you are not allowed to recieve stipend, but you are eligible to recieve tuition waiver. On H4, you are not allowed to earn money like TA, Ra, but you can get tuition waiver.

iF YOU have a sponsor who would pay for your tuition, then I am not sure how exactly it works when you are on EAD. You might need some more investigation here.

Hi

I am planning to take loans from the Banks by projecting my husband's salary and credit history. Because i don'think i am eligible for the Federal student loan.

Off the line...but one does not need a very good credit history to get a student loan , the process is pretty simple and most loan systems are fully integrated with the schools.
One just needs a Guarantor for the loan (Friend/relative who lives/pays taxes in the US)

In fact most loans are low intrest and are repayable in 10-20 years.
More over you can work part time on EAD and try to cut your loans
!