Can one come back on B or L Visa once 6 Yrs H1B is over?

No Title

Correction. My question is can someone comeback immediately on B1 or L1 Visa from India? what are the + and - points? Any help/insight is very much appreicated. Has anyone done it?

No Title

If you are talking about entering into the US after 6 years on H1 with a B1 or L1 visa,I think it is possible.But you have to remember that you cannot get a H1 unless or until you have been outside of the country for a year.

this is not legal adivce

No Title

I agree with JoeF entirely. Besides, to get an L1
(a) you should have worked for atleast 1 yr out of the last 3 years for the same company OUTSIDE the US AND
(b) the company outside the US shd continue to exist for your L1 status to be valid in the US
You can use a B visa for mtgs./seminars etc at your company in the US NOT for work.
If you intend to apply for an H1 after the 1 yr period outside the US, it gets that much more difficult to prove that you have completed that 1 yr period, if you make any trips in between!
I am a month away from completing my 1 yr period outside and have carefully avoided making these trips. I have also been through all the L1/B1 scenarios.