Can my Canadian study permit not TRV be valid for 4years?

painer

I have been issued a Canadian VISA valid for four years which is also the length of my program of study.
Now i have been told that the most important is the study permit that i will get at the port of entry.So i want to know whether the officer at the fort of entry can issue me a 4 year valid study permit as the length of my program of study and if the fact that i have a 4 year valid TRV hlps?

You have to have a 4 year study permit to be able to study for 4 years. The border officer can issue you a 4 year study permit if you have the right paperwork (mentioning your length of study). TRV is just a tourist visa not the study permit.

I have been issued a Canadian VISA valid for four years which is also the length of my program of study.
Now i have been told that the most important is the study permit that i will get at the port of entry.So i want to know whether the officer at the fort of entry can issue me a 4 year valid study permit as the length of my program of study and if the fact that i have a 4 year valid TRV hlps?