can I send email to IO for application status?

tous

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

my application has been pending for about 10months already...I filed the application by myself while I was in valid H1 status....then I got NOID...while I was hiring a lawyer and preparing for rebuttal, IO referred me to court because she thought I was already out of status...then my lawyer presented valid h1 to judge and judge terminated my case..
my case is now back in asylum office but it was re-assigned to new asylum officer because the previous one no longer worked there..
My new asylum officer gave me his email to send judge order copy as he couldn't find it in my file...
my question is..can I still send him email in future to make inquiry on my application status? or I should personally go to asylum office and make inquiry officially....asylum office is only about an hour drive...emailing is ofcourse much faster but I don't want my new officer thinks that I am disturbing him...

Every asylum office has one day a week that is dedicated for answering questions. Go to the office on that day. If you don't know which day, then call the operator and she/he should tell you.

then i think i better go there in person for inquiry....that office has inquiry hour everyday...