Can I live in India with no Visa?

FennelBread

Can I turn up there and live there (I have a place to stay a friends).

Is it possible to get a job and live or will I be tracked down and arrested?

Can I turn up there and live there (I have a place to stay a friends).

Is it possible to get a job and live or will I be tracked down and arrested?

I am a foreigner, staying and working in India for more than 9 years. (I don't have any visa but I don't require one).

Can I turn up there == YES, but you will need visa (tourist visa atleast) to enter.

live there == YES, no one will ask you questions.

Is it possible to get a job == Very Very Very difficult (unemployment (among educated) is very high), unless you posses very specialized skills. (and I hope you are not in Computer Science / Programming field, that sector is overcrowded)

tracked down == LOL, they cannot track down International Criminals inside their border ! On serious note, certainly not. Not only they do not possess the ability to track people but more importantly they cannot afford to. Police and other govt units are working on shoe-string budget. Havent' heard anyone (other than potential Terrorists from neighbouring country) ever being tracked down. When a minister was kidnapped it took them several weeks to track down his location.

Arrested == NOT untill you become cynosure of Police for some reason or if anyone tells on you.

Take the following advice with discretion ---
Chances of you randomly getting caught is almost NILL, (in 9 years no one has asked me about my visa/status (even if they did I wouldn't be in trouble but they dont' know that beforehand)) and even if you get caught worst is you will be asked to leave and perhaps with little fine (read bribe) you will be let go. Thus if I were you and I had very good reason to do what you are saying, I will do it.

TL;DR == Very low risk of getting caught, but rewards are very low too, NO JOBS, LOW SALARY, Not worth it unless that is your last resort to job and livelihood...

Last edited by a moderator: