Can I leave this country for a while and come back?

Huaying Lin

I am holding H1-B visa now and I want to go back to China for a couple of months. My employer is willing to provide documents to support my continus H1-B. But I am afraid that I can\'t get my visa to re-enter. Will there be a problem?
Please advise.

No Title

Usually there should be no problem as long as you got every necessary document that will be demanded by the US embassy in China. Yet several concerns do exist:
1. How large is your employer? It will look much less persuasive to the immigration officer if yours is a Mama-Papa type of business;
2. Before you go, absolutely check with your company lawyer;
3. If you have the luxury of time and money, go to a US embassy/consulate in Canada, as in 30 days, you don\'t need a visa to come back to US from Canada so you can always come back even if you get declined by US embassy/consulate in Canada;

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

F1 to go to Canada to get a multi-entry

I came in with a B1 almost 10 yrs ago from Singapore and haven\'t been back since. I\'ve converted to an H-1 after graduated with a bachelor degree, but then lost my job and had converted back to a F-1. I\'m thinking of going to Mexico or Canada to get a F-1 stamp on my passport as well as a multi-entry. I know in some cases the US embassy will reject people like me, if they do can I come back to US or do I have to go back to my home country? Thanks for any response.

Baba