Can I file through PERM...

mereddy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all ,
I am pretty new to this green card and perm thing. I am working in a non-IT field (working as a pharmacist). My company applied for my green card in MARCH 05 from NJ (through future employment.. thing , I was working as intern then) . My question is can I apply through perm??? I heard that you need MS to apply for perm , which I don't have.

My main question is my h-1 expires in june 06.. that's the reason they applied in march 05. Is there a possibilty that i can still apply through perm?

Thank you
reddy

Any one can apply LC through PERM.(BS/MS/Vocational training etc)

For your case, it better to convert your NJ case on to PERm so that you will not loose the priority date.

mereddy said:
Hi all ,
I am pretty new to this green card and perm thing. I am working in a non-IT field (working as a pharmacist). My company applied for my green card in MARCH 05 from NJ (through future employment.. thing , I was working as intern then) . My question is can I apply through perm??? I heard that you need MS to apply for perm , which I don't have.

My main question is my h-1 expires in june 06.. that's the reason they applied in march 05. Is there a possibilty that i can still apply through perm?

Thank you
reddy

I believe the PERM is the only way to apply for LC since March, 2005. Your company had to file PERM, unless they did file earlier in 2005.
You do not need MS/MA degree. MS/MA is used to get in EB2 category, which has priority over EB3 (in most cases).

Thank you great guru and merovingian for ur quick replies. I have one more question , that is ... If my case is converted to perm... say if they denied it.. what abt my h-1 status("I will be applying for my 7th year extension soon")... will I be out of status???
will I be able to apply again???

Rejection is holds good for your old case too. If your company or your credentials are in question, then do not convert it.

mereddy said:
Thank you great guru and merovingian for ur quick replies. I have one more question , that is ... If my case is converted to perm... say if they denied it.. what abt my h-1 status("I will be applying for my 7th year extension soon")... will I be out of status???
will I be able to apply again???