Can I file my Advance Parole without Attorney?

AlterEgo

Registered Users (C)
As I-485 adjudication is taking longer and longer, I have received 2 APs already and now in need of a 3rd one. It takes quite a bit of money to get AP extended with the help of an attorney. Is it possible to file it myself, preferably electronically? Has anyone done it?

Thanks!

Do it yourself online.
It's very easy and simple ... when you do EAD it asks if you want to do AP too..

Do 3 months in advance ...
1> You need to save and print the PDF gernerated for EAD and AP.
2> you need to shedule biometrics as soon as you apply online .. The PDF's are important for biometrics.
3> No documents should be sent for EAD.
4> Send 2 Passport photo ( which was never used before) for AP.

And you will get EAD and AP in a months time....

Good luck

I have filed 3 EAD's and AP's by myself. It is very easy.

1. Goto USCIS.gov and file AP electronically
2. Print-out receipt
3. Take two passport size pictues
4. mail AP receipt and pictures to USCIS

puerthoughts,
Can you explain, what do you mean by filing multiple AP's for the same amount ?

When you are filing for the AP it will ask if you want one trip or mutliple trips. If you select the multiple trips then you will get 3 AP documents that you can use to travel outside the US in the same year before they expire. There are no extra charges for that. So i would do that so i can have extra APs just in case something happens and you need to fly.

Hope it helps.

garam.chadi said:
Do it yourself online.
It's very easy and simple ... when you do EAD it asks if you want to do AP too..

Do 3 months in advance ...
1> You need to save and print the PDF gernerated for EAD and AP.
2> you need to shedule biometrics as soon as you apply online .. The PDF's are important for biometrics.
3> No documents should be sent for EAD.
4> Send 2 Passport photo ( which was never used before) for AP.

And you will get EAD and AP in a months time....

Good luck

Should we schedule a biometrics each time we renew the EAD and AP? Will the efiling guide you through this?

The E-Filing instructions tells you that you need not ask for the appointment. It will be mailed to you. I applied for my EAD/AP on 08/14 and i received the notice for the appointment on 08/20. That is why i like the e-filing caz in the time my application would have travelled to the service center, i am getting the appointment for the biometrics.

Best Luck.

puerthoughts said:
When you are filing for the AP it will ask if you want one trip or mutliple trips. If you select the multiple trips then you will get 3 AP documents that you can use to travel outside the US in the same year before they expire. There are no extra charges for that. So i would do that so i can have extra APs just in case something happens and you need to fly.

Hope it helps.

puerthoughts: One can use the same document multiple times. One of my friend travelled a lot on APs. He used the same document every time. They just restamp the same document again on each entry. I think the only time you would need the second doc is if you lost/misplaced the first etc..

Fp

craver said:
Should we schedule a biometrics each time we renew the EAD and AP? Will the efiling guide you through this?

You get biometric FP automatically if you e-file for EAD. There is no biometric FP needed for Advance Parole (by my experience).

HTH

-GCLover007