can i file EAD/AP with 140/485.

Chocolate

Registered Users (C)
I am from rest of the world category . i have a labor pending in DBEC .Also my employer is ready to file PERM for me .I am in EB2 RIR category too. dates for me is current.but the visa bulletin says they are processing cases from March 2006 does that mean i have to wait till the dates become current for me..Also for filing EAD/AP asap can i file after labor approval immediately.Any inputs.Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
You can file EAD/AP(I-485 based) only with or after filing I-485 not before.
You can file I-485 with or after I-140 only if your PD is current (not procesing date)
You can file I-140 only if you labour is approved (except EB1 and EB2 NIW)

I hope this clarifies the doubts you have.

Chocolate said:
I am from rest of the world category . i have a labor pending in DBEC .Also my employer is ready to file PERM for me .I am in EB2 RIR category too. dates for me is current.but the visa bulletin says they are processing cases from March 2006 does that mean i have to wait till the dates become current for me..Also for filing EAD/AP asap can i file after labor approval immediately.Any inputs.Thanks in advance

additional help

jazzyb said:
You can file EAD/AP(I-485 based) only with or after filing I-485 not before.
You can file I-485 with or after I-140 only if your PD is current (not procesing date)
You can file I-140 only if you labour is approved (except EB1 and EB2 NIW)

I hope this clarifies the doubts you have.
Thanks for your input.
My category is EB2 RIR .So isnt concurrent filing still possible?In case i file EAD/AP/140/485 concurrently will that not be enuf. or shud i follow any order.
My dates are always current as i am from world wide category. The only reason i am stressing on EAD/AP is i am on my 7th year extension and want to avoid one more visa extension. once i get my EAD/AP i will not file for extension but keep extending EAD/AP.Any inputs