Can I exit US without I-94?

savabien

I'm a F1 student.My passport was stolen 2 weeks ago in New York.
I was told I didn't have to apply for a new visa as I will leave US in 2 weeks. But I lost my I-94 as well.
Does US allow me to leave without I-94? Will I have trouble in the airport? I have the copy of I-94 and the original I-20.
I don't have time to apply for I-102(it usually takes more than one month but I have to leave US at the end of May).
Thank you very much!

savabien said:
I'm a F1 student.My passport was stolen 2 weeks ago in New York.
I was told I didn't have to apply for a new visa as I will leave US in 2 weeks. But I lost my I-94 as well.
Does US allow me to leave without I-94? Will I have trouble in the airport? I have the copy of I-94 and the original I-20.
I don't have time to apply for I-102(it usually takes more than one month but I have to leave US at the end of May).
Thank you very much!

Returning I 94 makes your exit recorded/documented.
If you come back next time, if I 94 is not returned, system shows that you are over stayed and may denied entry.
Consult with local INS office, whether they accept I 94 copy to make such records.

hi you should call USCIS because if u leave without I-94 you will be asked about it in the airport , or what happens sometimes is that the officer at the airport assigns one to u, but call to ake sure first

azertyuiopmlkjh said:
hi you should call USCIS because if u leave without I-94 you will be asked about it in the airport ,

At airport you are suppose to hand over the I 94 to the air line check in clerk, they normally do not bother to ask you.

or what happens sometimes is that the officer at the airport assigns one to u, but call to ake sure first

This might have been an exception, but when i left in 2004 nobody took my i-94 and i came back into the country without a problem. God am i glad i didn't know that could cause problems! (Port of entry was Miami)