Can I change place for biometrics?

tom365

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all,

I moved to another state late last year and updated my address. However, I just received a letter asking me to do biometrics in a city in my previous state. It has also specified the date and time.

Do I have to fly back for this? Is there any way to reschedule a place nearby?

Thank you very very much,

Tom

tom365 said:
Hi, all,
I moved to another state late last year and updated my address. However, I just received a letter asking me to do biometrics in a city in my previous state. It has also specified the date and time.
Tom
I have the same situation..I just recieved bio. appointment today.
I'm gonna drive for 6 hours...I learn it in the hard way : when you dealing with u.s.c.i.s faster is better
remember bio. is the last step before getting green card.
you may also try to reschedule the appointment ..it's up to you

Hi Tom & Jublee

I had the same situation.. My residence address is at a distance of 6 hours from the place where I work at... I simply went to the closest ASC center even on a different date... the person at the front desk gave me a token (token had something typed on it similar to -Different place/different date) and asked me to go to the Immigration officer's cube.... Immigration officer looked at the token and didnt ask me anything (eventhough I was prepared to say that this place is close to my work location).. he simply put his initials on my appointment letter and thats it... I gave my bio.... and I had no prob....

My advice is... just go to your nearest ASC center... it will be very easy....

tom365 said:
Hi, all,

Tom

Go to the nearest uscis in the area you're living and talk to them I think you will be fine.Do it early like a week before your appointment date.This is to make sure they will accept you.If no,then you will still have time to flight to your previous city to do your Bio.
Good luck

RD Au 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

I have the same situation, however i live too far away from my previous residence. I was living in FL and now I moved to VA. I even sent them AR11 and called them for address change. I dont know why they are sending all that to my previous address.

Well, know the case is. I recently sent them my medical+G325.
and now they sent me BIOMETRIC.

is it possible I can call them or visit their office to change the location, as its not easy for me to go to FL just for a biometric.

anyone has experience in changing location ???

Qalandar... why didnt you read my message

Please read my message..... try any nearest ASC..... if you dont get success then start thinking about re-scheduling..... I am sure that your nearest ASC will do your bio....

Same situation - read for answer!

I had the same situation: Lived in CA, and right in the middle of the move to FL I got the letter for Biometrics. I had the notice mailed overnight to FL, went to the nearest ASC center, explained to them my situation, they said no problem, grab a number. I even got it done a week before the date printed on the original notice. So YES, IT'S OK, you DON'T have to travel back to the other state for Biometrics. By the way, everything went smoothly and I got my GC one and a half months later! Hope it helps. :cool:

Just to let you people know

my BIO Code 3 was sent to my old address in FL, I am currently living in VA. I called 1800 number and they told me to go to neareast ASC and they'll have my biometric over there. I went there and they told me that I should come on the same date and time.

on 7th (the date written on the notice) I went to the nearest ASC and they did my bio without any problem.

Singh6 said:
Please read my message..... try any nearest ASC..... if you dont get success then start thinking about re-scheduling..... I am sure that your nearest ASC will do your bio....

I appologize Singh6, I didnt read your message. However thank you very much for your reply. Yes it happened exactly like you said, I went to the nearest Support Center. However I had to go twice, first time they sent me back and told me to come back on the same date what is written on my notice.

Last edited by a moderator: