Can I cancel/revoke Spouse green card?

Aduks

Registered Users (C)
My green card and spouse green card got approved few months ago. Spouse started acting up after receiving the green card. Spouse is my derivative, I am the primary. I am thinking of ways of taking the green card from him and return him(deportation) back to our country. We are both from Lebanon. It looks like he got into this marriage bcos of green card. I am employment based filer.
Can you share with me how I can get the green card revoked from him, and have him return back to our country? I don't want him to get away with using me just like that. I brought him to USA. I will really like his green card to be cancel/revoked, and returned him back to where he came from- in the struggle.

Any idea pls share. Employment based green card, from Lebanon.

Thanks for any suggestion...

Aduks said:
My green card and spouse green card got approved few months ago. Spouse started acting up after receiving the green card. Spouse is my derivative, I am the primary. I am thinking of ways of taking the green card from him and return him(deportation) back to our country. We are both from Lebanon. It looks like he got into this marriage bcos of green card. I am employment based filer.
Can you share with me how I can get the green card revoked from him, and have him return back to our country? I don't want him to get away with using me just like that. I brought him to USA. I will really like his green card to be cancel/revoked, and returned him back to where he came from- in the struggle.

I would say the asnwer is no, at least very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aduks said:
Can you share with me how I can get the green card revoked from him, and have him return back to our country?
------ now you cannot revoke his green Card

I don't want him to get away with using me just like that. I brought him to USA. I will really like his green card to be cancel/revoked, and returned him back to where he came from- in the struggle.

Aduks said:
Can you share with me how I can get the green card revoked from him, and have him return back to our country?

If you can prove to USCIS that your spouse did not enter into marriage in good faith but rather for getting green card, you can report to USCIS. However, you need very objective meterial or circumstantial proof to support your claim. If USCIS is convinced from your report, they can act upon that and revoke his green card. Domestic dispute or irreconcilable difference cannot be a reason for green card revocation. Basically you need some evidence - either material or circumstantial.

No

The answer is NO. Too late to do that. After going through almost incomprehensible amount of trouble you MIGHT initiate an investigation by USCIS. But, remember, this thing may backfire on you as well. You may end up losing yours as well.

As you have mentioned in your post that it was a EB based case and most probably you both are together for long. It’s very difficult to achieve your objective.

If things are going south, I would say move on with your life.

Aduks said:

Aduks said:

Please don't assume this as advise all I am sharing my thoughts/opinion that may or may not reflect or encourage your intentions.

This opinion is not in favor based on any Gender.

Few months ago a similar thread posted here in this forum by a Husband who shared similar intentions. all I shared similar opinion as follow.

In life many things doesn't go exactly what we expect.
Few ppl do focus on something a lot and forget values of other things around them. when ppl make relation based on dishonesty they get some immediate success but that success won't last far with them.

Think in this way 'He doesn't deserve you, you deserve better'. if u think he made relation to get G.C, he used u. and now he is changed. than you smile, shake your hand with him, wish him good luck, pray for him, leave everything on GOD and let him get what he think that getting G.C in life is success and not someone 'heart' and 'love'. may be he doesn't understand value of sincer loving spouse. than its better to leave everything on GOD. and end the relation with smile and shaking hand. so he would remember his rest of life how good and kind hearted person you are.

You can take away his G.C but think in this way, You can take ur revange, but God LIke forgivness and being as good person don't take away G.C just because he is not interested in you, may be he is focusing too much on something in life that he is not realizing the value of other things, Let the God handle things in his own way, he do have plans for all. God will heal the wounds in heart you received from his cheat. and will multiply the good things you do and would return you the happiness that you can’t imagine. So let him be happy in his own G.C life.
and see how far he can go with.

God bless u and your family.

Good Luck

slt said:
The answer is NO. Too late to do that. After going through almost incomprehensible amount of trouble you MIGHT initiate an investigation by USCIS. But, remember, this thing may backfire on you as well. You may end up losing yours as well.

It's applicable if both the parties are involved in fraud - which happen sometimes when a to-be-PR or american citizen takes money for providing someone green card. But if one party is clearly innocent and other party had "different purpose", certainly it deserves a fair treatment. Whether it's revenge or sometime else, that I or we don't know - because we don't know any details about the person who posted this message. In such a situation I would restrain myself lecturing about his/her personal life or how handle his/her life. But I would try to advise what is possible legally - nothing more, nothing less. As I mentioned she needs material or circumstantial evidence to report. If she thinks she is innocent and she has evidence, certainly she can go ahead and report to USCIS.

PrinceofJungle said:
Please don't assume this as advise all I am sharing my thoughts/opinion that may or may not reflect or encourage your intentions.

This opinion is not in favor based on any Gender.

Few months ago a similar thread posted here in this forum by a Husband who shared similar intentions. all I shared similar opinion as follow.

In life many things doesn't go exactly what we expect.
Few ppl do focus on something a lot and forget values of other things around them. when ppl make relation based on dishonesty they get some immediate success but that success won't last far with them.

Think in this way 'He doesn't deserve you, you deserve better'. if u think he made relation to get G.C, he used u. and now he is changed. than you smile, shake your hand with him, wish him good luck, pray for him, leave everything on GOD and let him get what he think that getting G.C in life is success and not someone 'heart' and 'love'. may be he doesn't understand value of sincer loving spouse. than its better to leave everything on GOD. and end the relation with smile and shaking hand. so he would remember his rest of life how good and kind hearted person you are.

You can take away his G.C but think in this way, You can take ur revange, but God LIke forgivness and being as good person don't take away G.C just because he is not interested in you, may be he is focusing too much on something in life that he is not realizing the value of other things, Let the God handle things in his own way, he do have plans for all. God will heal the wounds in heart you received from his cheat. and will multiply the good things you do and would return you the happiness that you can’t imagine. So let him be happy in his own G.C life.
and see how far he can go with.

God bless u and your family.

Good Luck

What an Advice... I really admire you. We need more guys like you in this world. Forgiveness works to the benefit of the dowers. As you state it, God works in mysterious ways God might kept the best and what she deserves in this life and I am 100% sure she will get it soon ....

As of her spouse, Let him have the GC and see how far he can go ..

God be with you

GC@NSC said:
Kick his ass in labanon, i hope everybody is in great physical condition to make a break.

Put ur possiton in her place and feel how much pain she is going through.
What u are not looking is the pain, hurt , tears whenever she try to sleep and rest, Not enjoying the meals in days or night, or feeling pain doning anything. just because of that. and when someone is in this situation u can say they are burning like in flames, and your words will work like 'match/lighter' on that flames which will hurt more in her family. if u can't help ppl atleast don't put salt on their wounds. you never know what may come in your life. ppl living in Glass's house should think twice if they throw stones on other's.

She is angry, she do have right to take revange or go forgivness path. help her to choice the best path, just don't use this for ur entertainment.

All we can do is pray for her and family.

God bless her and famlly

Good Luck

Thank you all

I thank everyone for their input on this matter. Prince of Jungle, thank you so much for your great input. I am gonna let it go and let him go in peace with the green card--let see how far he can go.

As for me, I am bruised but not battered. All the contribution from this forum has given me the courage to move on.. Thank you all, I appreciated every little input from all of you great people of this forum.

For some people in the forum saying we've been living together/married since the journey of EB 485, NO, I started the processing since 2002, I got married to him in Lebanon in 2004 and when we arrived in 2004 to the US, I quickly put in his application, so he also got my 2002 priority date. He got the free green card in less than one year. It is painful to learn how people can pretend to be a good person, just to achieve something. I thought I was marrying an angel.. I didn't know he pretended to get out of poverty at home.

Thank you all for your contribution, I am moving on.. Prince of Jungle, God bless you...
Aduks...

Aduks said:
I thank everyone for their input on this matter. Prince of Jungle, thank you so much for your great input. I am gonna let it go and let him go in peace with the green card--let see how far he can go.

That's a commendable decision on 'Relationship' part. People do mistakes by bad influence OR they are not clear what brings happiness OR materialism is their top priority.

Well, one should not further ruin their peace of mind in order to take revenge/grudges. Just move on to accomplish your life's priorities/dream.

Can I cancel/revoke Spouse green card?

I have an exact similar situation going on with me right now. I got married right around the time when my EB adjustment of status was submitted by my employer. Marriage happened in Pakistan and I was able to bring my wife over here on H4 and applied for her AOS at the same time. Since she came here and knew she knew that our GC will get processed in a matter of months. so she never took the marraige seriously. Instead she always complaint that she never wanted to come to US as if she had no requirement for the GC, but s soon as our GC got approved we started having even further issues. She started to become very possessive of her green card and kept it some where hidden. Last year we went through a divorce situation but ended up cancelling the divorce. It seems like she does that on purpose and makes me come to a point that I can not live with here. She just brings me to an edge which I think she does that on purpose so that she does not gets blamed for any thing. This year we visited pakistan in Oct I filed a divorce while I was there. She was scheduled to come back a month and a half after I did. Now I have 2 problems. 1. Even though the divorce is in process in Pakistan which will eventually get finalized, will that divorce work here and do I have to do any paper documentation here (As an FYI the marriage was never registered in US. 2) I understand that her greencard can not be cancelled, but as stated in earlier conversations, what will be an example of a good evidence that she married me for the greencard. I am just scared that after she comes back here she is going to make my life miserable as the kind of person she is and this is effecting my professional career and the rest of the family. I just don't want any drama in my life as I am tiered of all this since last 2 years

Once you get divorce, if your spouse is not working OR earning less than you, then prepare to pay alimony, and split up the money saved so far, assets etc

Its painful, but we need to pay for mistakes.

how to cancel or revoke green card I looked it up

HI I am half Lebanese I was married to a Tunisian whom tried the same on me go to www.uscis.gov and look under how to revoke a green card they show it also its called notice of intent to revoke greencard just say he is abusive and
on the website does how list of what you can use calm down it hurts yet inshallah you are going to be fine just annul marriage based on intent to aquire green card they will waive fee any whom marry from Lebanon Tunis Algeria Morrocco all do same even to their own country women just do intent to revoke for when we petition we sign all knowing that we
are responsible for them for five years and so you will find you can use abuse for intent to revoke it is written there on website calm down you are better than this stay strong annul marriage and you have to do a written revocation yet find out information for its power you will succeed well good luck let me know how you will be well till here for now use your intellect will guide you safely so will allah I know they hurt our hearts yet as a woman I shall be there for you to give strength and allah will give power within do not let him your husband know just fix and smile that you will rise above :cool:

§ Sec. 205.2 Revocation on notice.
(a) General. Any Service officer authorized to approve a petition under section 204
of the Act may revoke the approval of that petition upon notice to the petitioner on
any ground other than those specified in 205.1
when the necessity for the revocation comes to the attention of this Service.

(b) Notice of intent .
Revocation of the approval of a petition or self-petition under paragraph
(a) of this section will be made only on notice to the petitioner or self-petitioner.
The petitioner or self-petitioner must be given the opportunity to offer evidence
in support of the petition or self-petition and in opposition to the grounds alleged
for revocation of the approval. (Revised 3/26/96; 61 FR 13061 )

(c) Notification of revocation . If, upon reconsideration,
the approval previously granted is revoked,
the director shall provide the petitioner or the self-petitioner with a
written notification of the decision that explains the specific reasons for the revocation.
The director shall notify the consular officer having jurisdiction over the visa application,
if applicable, of the revocation of an approval. (Added 3/26/96; 61 FR 13061 )

(d) Appeals . The petitioner or self-petitioner may appeal the decision to revoke
the approval within 15 days after the service of notice of the revocation.
The appeal must be filed as provided in part 3 of this chapter, unless the
Associate Commissioner for Examinations exercises appellate jurisdiction
over the revocation under part 103 of this chapter.
Appeals filed with the Associate Commissioner for Examinations
must meet the requirements of part 103 of this chapter. (Added 3/26/96; 61 FR 13061 )