Can Dependent I485 application approved before primary?

telugodu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My friend's wife application( dependent) got approved and his is still pending.. Is that possible? comments/ thoughts etc...

Thanks,
T

Technically, no. Dependent's approval depends on primary's. Nonetheless, there are such cases. It is either an error or primary's approval coming shortly. At this time, CIS is completely in confusion so the number of errors they make should be on rise accordingly... Hopefully your friend's case will be approved soon.

Hi all,
My friend's wife application( dependent) got approved and his is still pending.. Is that possible? comments/ thoughts etc...

Thanks,
T

It is possible. My wife got green card about 2 years ago, and my case is still pending for NC. :mad:

Hi all,

Thanks,
T

I am in the same boat. Hearing that one folk waiting for 2 years, I am really scared. My wife(dependent) got actual card 2 months ago. But for me it is still pending. What a joke.
One Infopass appointment officer told me that both namecheck and finger print check is done. But other officer told me one of the check is pending. Don't which one is correct.

Anyway to get definite answer?

For my case, I got my GC 2 months ago but my wife case is still pending. I hope it won't take 2 years...hmmm...

Same case here as well... My wife (derivative) got approved last week..and she even got her card yesterday...and me (primary) is still pending.. although we both did our last FP in June on same day ..same time...

When I talked to TSC IO ..they told me they are waiting for my FP results to be uploaded..and it's taking them 30-60 days to get them uploaded from FBI...

so hoping I don't have to wait so long...

-jsn

Derivative can approve

Yes derivative(dependent) can approve before primary. After I-140 approval I-485 is independent. This is what my attorney told me.

Will have issue only if I-140 revoked by employer(Normally this happens for very very few people).

Even the primary case is denied...The Big questions is on what grounds they are going to revoke the GC of dependent if it is approved by mistake. Until we say to them that you approved by mistake.

If they have such kind of automation...they will not do any mistake at the first place...

I can see LUD for my wife

Looks like my wife case will be approving before mine. I see a LUD for my wife.. Nothing for me at. I am the primary applicant.

My GC journey seems over!

Looks like my journey and concerns are over!!!
Just got an email 2 minutes ago saying that Card Production Ordered for me!

Those of who are still waiting and suffering, this is what I have to say:
Nothing might be wrong with you or your file and you might be a great person. But unfortunately, you have to go through this pain. This pain will make you stronger. Good luck and best wishes.

Looks like my journey and concerns are over!!!
Just got an email 2 minutes ago saying that Card Production Ordered for me!

Those of who are still waiting and suffering, this is what I have to say:
Nothing might be wrong with you or your file and you might be a great person. But unfortunately, you have to go through this pain. This pain will make you stronger. Good luck and best wishes.
Congratulations... Can you please post details regarding your case...

EB1
H1B1
Labor: Nov 2004 (Approved Paper Based)
I140/I485: Concurrently filed May 2006
EAD\Advanced parole: Renewed March 2007
Spouse(dependent) I485: Approved July 5, 2007
My(Primary) I485 Approved: July 23, 2007