Can Aug.16.2007 filer do e-filing for EAD renewal?

AD-NY02

Registered Users (C)
I am a Aug.16.2007 AOS applicant, due for EAD renewal in mid of June. Can I e-file? Please read below. There was a special window between July 30 2007 and Aug 17 2007 to file under visa bulletin 107. Can people filed in this window, do an e-file for EAD renewal. Gurus, please advise.

Filings made Pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107: As previously announced, all forms I-765 and I-131 applications based on employment-based adjustment of status applications filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107 that are submitted on or before August 17, 2007 must be filed under the fee structure in place prior to July 30, 2007. On or after July 30, 2007, those applications may not be electronically filed and must be submitted to a Service Center via regular mail or courier service.

Pls clarify

Thanks for your reply.. but it contradicts from what the USCIS website says.. see my first post.
It clearly says that applicants after july.30.2007 should not e-file

I never e-file, it's too much hassle. I just send everything at once and wait for the EAD. If you e-file you will need to travel to a USCIS center for fingerprints, etc. I just like to get it over with.

In any case, the USCIS text you quote is not clear enough but I think it means that the USCIS computer system will regard any I-485 applied after 7/30/07 as an application filed under the new fee structure, i.e. the software is written to assume that any I-485 filer after 7/30/07 payed the $1010 fee, and the software doesn't know how to distinguish the applicants who filed between 7/30/07 and 8/17/07 under the old fee structure. Therefore, these people need to paper-file.

I never e-file, it's too much hassle. I just send everything at once and wait for the EAD. If you e-file you will need to travel to a USCIS center for fingerprints, etc. I just like to get it over with.

In any case, the USCIS text you quote is not clear enough but I think it means that the USCIS computer system will regard any I-485 applied after 7/30/07 as an application filed under the new fee structure, i.e. the software is written to assume that any I-485 filer after 7/30/07 payed the $1010 fee, and the software doesn't know how to distinguish the applicants who filed between 7/30/07 and 8/17/07 under the old fee structure. Therefore, these people need to paper-file.

Thanks for your reply. I think it is probable safe to go with paper filing in my case. But what about the fees, since I paid the them according to the older fee structure (not the $1000+ fee). So that would mean I need to pay $340.
Please advise.

Thank you

Correct - you would need to pay $340, unfortunately...

Thank you, for clearing up all my doubts. Just one more question for you, can I put both mine and my husband's renewal applications in the same mailing package to USCIS?

Absolutely - I've done that too - just make sure each application is clearly separated from the other; I use a master paper-clip for each set of papers, others use a rubber band. You can also write on the outside envelope clearly: "Contents: Two (2) I-765 applications"

By looking at last EAD reciept (I-797C, Notice of Action). If Amount received shows $180 then unfortunately you have to pay $340 :mad:

correct me know if I am wrong.

That's right, but the correct way to do it is to look at the I-485 receipt you are basing the EAD application on. If the I-485 receipt shows you paid $395, then yes the new EAD will cost you $340.

Nothing preclude those who filed after 07/30/2007 from e-filing their EAD renewal. However, if you are thinking about the incovenience of having to go to a Application Support Center to submit fingerprint, then I completely agree with you.
I e-filed my EAD and I've done my fingerprinting, so it's okay to e-file.

Please read quote from USCIS on the first post

Please read quote from USCIS on the first post.
It is kind of confusing as it says filers after july.30.2007 should not efile.