can anyone please answer my question, its urgent

lamb4000

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
i am working in company A and they filed my Labor in aug 2001 from NY DOL in EB2/RIR category.
you know all that NY stinks. still no news available from this state.
i dont know when it may come, i lost hopes
and now my company A is having layoffs and i maybe in the list and my manager already told me that i'll go but gave some assurance if labor comes from NY now, he can extend my stay for 6 more months os that i can apply 140/485.

i tried from another company B they filed my case from another state in eb2/non rir , i think it may take 7 months to complete. i am cmpleting my 6 years in april 2004.i got 7th year extension from company A

now my friend told me there is already labor approved from company C is there and i can take that substitute

so my question is can i take this company C labor substitution and start with 140/485 ??
is ther anyway once i get labor cleared from company A can i do that one also means 140/485 from company A

which one is the better way and tell me is it okay if i join company C after getting 140 approved ??

thanks in advance

Hi gurus,
i am working in company A and they filed my Labor in aug 2001 from NY DOL in EB2/RIR category.
You know all that NY stinks. Still no news available from this state.
I don’t know when it may come, I lost hopes
and now my company A is having layoffs and I maybe in the list and my manager already told me that i'll go but gave some assurance if labor comes from NY now, he can extend my stay for 6 more months os that I can apply 140/485.

I tried from another company B they filed my case from another state in eb2/non rir , I think it may take 7 months to complete. I am completing my 6 years in April 2004.i got 7th year extension from company A
----- if you have got 7th year H1 extension and if laid off by company A and LC is approved still A can file I-140 and you file I-485, EAD, AP even if you have to work with other employer by h1 transfer. GC is for future job, request A to file I-140 after LC gets approved and file I-485, EAD, AP with I-140, once I-140 gets approved you will be eligible to use AC21
now my friend told me there is already labor approved from company C is there and I can take that substitute
------ If the LC matches your education, skills before the LC was filed then file I-140, I-485, EAD AP with labor substitution, If I am in your situation I will go to good lawyer with the copy of approved LC Form ETA 750A and ETA 750B and all your education and exp certificates and will get an evaluation if I qualify to use that LC
so my question is can I take this company C labor substitution and start with 140/485 ??
----- you can do that read above
is there anyway once I get labor cleared from company A can I do that one also means 140/485 from company A
----- YES, one can file many I-40 if based on different LC and through different employer, you can also file second I-485 and don’t forget to provide your A# on second I-140 or I-485 (that you will get on I-485 filing receipt)

which one is the better way and tell me is it okay if I join company C after getting 140 approved??
---- you can do that
thanks in advance

ginnu,thanks very much for ur response
please can you tell me one more question

is it okay if i file 140/485 from both company A and company C also..means i am working in company A and layoffs are going on now.so once i get labor approved ,i can ask my manager to file 140/485 EAD AP

at the same time can i use labor substitution from company C and file 140/485 EAD AP after i met a good lawyer and if lawyer told me that my skill set and education matches then i can use

please let me know.
this is important for me to take decision
someone posted that we have to have only one 485 applied??

ginnu,thanks very much for ur response
please can you tell me one more question

is it okay if i file 140/485 from both company A and company C

----YES, don’t file the both I-485 same day , first file I-140 I-485, EAD, AP from A or C once you get the I-485 filing receipt then file second I-485 because you will get A# on I-485 filing receipt and provide that A# on next I-14- or I-485 the USCIS will have one A3 for you, Nothing is illegal if you file second I-485 ( but you spend more)
also..means i am working in company A and layoffs are going on now.so once i get labor approved ,i can ask my manager to file 140/485 EAD AP
--- YES
at the same time can i use labor substitution from company C and file 140/485 EAD AP after i met a good lawyer and if lawyer told me that my skill set and education matches then i can use
--- YES
please let me know.
this is important for me to take decision
someone posted that we have to have only one 485 applied??
----- that poster has his opinion and I have mine, I have seen many cases where the person has filed two I-485 and nothing illegal in that and you should ask that poster to provide you a link to law/regulation that says one cannot file second I-485, many have two parallel I-485 pending. that poster also said that it is Illegal, ask him how it is illegal. FYI one of my friend has two I-485 pending based on diffrent LC and diffrent I-140 and thriugh diffrent employers. he did not face any problems , he has two EAD cards based on two I-485 pending

thanks ginnu for giving more and clear information.
one more clarification and may be its dumb question

what is A# you posted??, is it a receipt number or what??

yes man,now i am littlebit relaxed after i got info that i can file 140/485 EAD AP from both companies, just make sure that i have to file 2nd one once i get receipt of the first one

which service center is now going fast for 140/485
is it Vermont or Nebraska??

A# is one of the columns specified on your I140 or I485 receipts. You may also find it on your EAD or advanced parole approval notices.

From a website, I found the following details for I-140 approvals comparision. It looks like Vermont is doing pretty good in this.

Service Center Approvals Approved Date
California 16 02/01/04~02/23/04
Nebraska 77 02/01/04~02/23/04
Texas 33 02/01/04~02/23/04
Vermont 92 02/01/04~02/23/04

thanks jaiganesh
for your info, i have to look for another labor sub then depending on my skillset,educational background
thanks anyway

jaiganesh

Is this A# different from the EAD number? (If there is one such number!!!)

What is the significance of this number?

Originally posted by jaiganesh
A# is one of the columns specified on your I140 or I485 receipts. You may also find it on your EAD or advanced parole approval notices.

Is this A# different from the EAD number
----------- EAD A# has extra 0 before A#
On I-485 receipt right side upper side your have A# and write that A#
What is the significance of this number?
----- A# is like your SSN it is the A# that will be on your GC or I-485, or on EAD, AP and your all immigration record is now linked in USCIS computer system with that A# and USCIS can find any info about your immigration status by punching that A#

A#

lamb4000/ginnu,

As per US INS.....you will get only one A# for each benefi/Applicant.

You can file N number of I-140's...that's allowed.

But, it's a issue with Multiple I-485's ?

A# is only one per each member. System will.. pull some way.

Thanks,
BCIS