Can anybody explaine the full SRC number?

About the number

The number will have the following format..
SRC-02-DDD-5XXXX

SRC is for the Texas Service Center
(It is LIN for Nebraska, WAC for CA and EAC for Vermont)
02 for the fiscal year 2002 (Oct \'01 - Sep\'02)of the INS
DDD for the working day of the INS starting from Oct 1, 2001.
5 always there
XXXX the case number on that day

The last 4 digit XXXX case number

Is it a serial number (starting from 0001 on any business day assuming they may have up to 9999 cases per day) recorded for any type of cases (e.g. 140, 485, H1-B) INS recorded on that day by the moment when a specific case is recorded? Or is it a serial number only for I-140 application starting Oct. 1, 2001 (if so I can tell how many cases of I-140 have been filed since Oct.1 2001. from mine I can say it cannot be in this way since mine is 1xxx with ND 4/16/2002)?
Thanks.

not on case type

The 4-digit number does not depend on the case type (140, 485 etc.) It is the case number on the day it is received by the INS.

Thanks. So many cases applied.

Mine is nearly 1600 for the last 4 digits. If set the average between 1500 - 1600 cases TSC receives on each day and 250 business days a year, they can receive 375,000 - 400,000 new cases. That\'s a lot. The INS is bureaucratic, if the staff workers are a little lazy, we can imagine and understand why it\'s so slow.

mine is 4xxx

That just multiplies your math by a factor of 3! Assuming that it is at the high end of the scale it may mean at least doubling of your numbers!

God save us all!

Hope yours is the high end

Agree. I just made rough guess on my receipt. Also hope most of days TSC only got hundreds or less cases. May God bless all of us.