Can an F1 holder after marriage can be co borrower in mortgage?

NEWFILER

Registered Users (C)
USC recemtly married an F1 visa holder(doing MS) and in very near future apply for AOS.
Now they intending together to buy a small house (This probably occurs before applying AOS if every thing goes well).(they prefer to be on Mortage deed before applying AOS,if possible)
Is it OK from CIS point of view for F1 to be added co borrower before AOS on mortgage?
or..
Thanks for advise.

Yes,he has it for CPT work.But he was concerned that F1(AOS will be afterwards) is specifiaclly non immmigrant one from CIS point.

No - no problem at all. Btw, what is the justification for the wait to file AOS? I would apply for AOS now, and it will take about 4-5 months before AOS is granted anyway.

Recently married.They need some time to collect the all docs. organize for AOS ,meanwhile they may be getting this good offer before that.

Well.. I fail to see how AOS / F1 status has anything to do with this home buying - two separate things.
Get bank accounts, auto insurance, credit cards, utility bills, life insurance documents showing both names Get some pictures and send I-130/AOS forms. It will take may be 2 days at most to get all these. Then, by the time of the AOS interview, he can collect more evidence including the joint home purchase.

Get bank accounts, auto insurance, credit cards, utility bills, life insurance documents showing both names Get some pictures and send I-130/AOS forms. It will take may be 2 days at most to get all these. Then, by the time of the AOS interview, he can collect more evidence including the joint home purchase.
Thanks for the advise.
They will start collecting the above docs.
One question--do all the above docs. they need to be submit along with I 130 including pictures now , if not which important doc. from above need to be submitted now and rest shown for interview time?.Like they may not life insurance in the very immediate time.Pictures are available but can they show them at interview time?

None of these documents are really required at the time of filing. What is required is proof of bona-fide marriage. So, include whatever is available. How about wedding invitation/ Letters from friends/ wedding pictures/ copies of driver's licenses showing the same residence/health insurance docs showing the spouse listed as beneficiary etc.

Thanks for the advise.
T

Guys,

I am commission a poll of those who are in favor of NEWFILER to have learned about filing for green card on your own by now. NEWFILER joined this board last year in Sept, and up to now, HE/SHE still asking some of the most basic question HE/SHE should long have grasped. I am beginning to think HE/SHE is a scofflaw...

You should read this thread (link attached) yourself, and have a clear understanding on how to do this. I can assure you, it will do wonders to your confidence, knowing things for yourself is liberating.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?288201-How-to-Apply-for-a-Green-Card-Do-it-Yourself

Thanks for the help Al.but
I guess I may too need to 'Spend couple of semesters at *any* Law School' so not to get an 'F'(grade) from you :eek:
and what is there in this to be a 'scofflaw'?
Is not to follow your doctrines(Your replies to others) closely ?

Last edited by a moderator: