can a visa be denied because of debt???

jacjaychris

Registered Users (C)
hello everybody, can a cr1 visa be denied because of a $10000 dollars`debt i have back in the states, i`m the petitioner and i currently live abroad with my wife. On january, she had her final interview at the embassy but for some reason the case was put into administrative process and a week ago we received a call from the embassy stating that the process was over, but now we are thinking that the visa could get denied because of my debt!! since they put into administrative process the first time, now they had time to check credit reports!! do they check credit reports, is debt one of the reasons to get a denial??? thank u for any input.........god bless u all

US immigration laws have nothing to do with checking anyone's credit report whatsoever. Thus, US govt. NEVER checks anyone's credit report immigration purpose. However, they do check the credit report to those (US citizens) who apply for a job with them. Applying for any kind of govt. job in the US will trigger scrutizing credit reports along with background checks but not for immigration purpose for immigrants.

Secondly, financially debt has nothing to do with immigration laws as well. One can own billion of dollars and still be able to get green card if s/he is an immigrant or be able to sponsor someone for a green card if s/he is a US citizen. Nevertheless, if those debt is accumulated by criminal act then it could be a problem because they there could be an outstanding arrest warrant...for example, some people write bad checks to obtain debt...etc.

Administrative Process is something within the office...which is related to clerical work...like assembling files/documents, inserting data in the system, etc...

Don't assume about things. There is nothing to worry at this time in your situation.

hello everybody, can a cr1 visa be denied because of a $10000 dollars`debt i have back in the states, i`m the petitioner and i currently live abroad with my wife. On january, she had her final interview at the embassy but for some reason the case was put into administrative process and a week ago we received a call from the embassy stating that the process was over, but now we are thinking that the visa could get denied because of my debt!! since they put into administrative process the first time, now they had time to check credit reports!! do they check credit reports, is debt one of the reasons to get a denial??? thank u for any input.........god bless u all