Calling BCIS helped me(I think)

GCDEC2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

My FP's had expired long back, never received any 2nd notice, called up BCIS (7/22/03) on completion of 19 months wait, inquired about 2nd FP, I was told that I would hear something from VSC in 3-4 weeks.
On Wednesday(8/6/03) received 2nd FP notice, notice date was dated 7/31/03. My 2nd FP was scheduled for 08/28/03.
I went to local INS on 8/9/03 asked them if I could get my 2nd FP done and they took our 2nd FP that day.
I am not sure if calling BCIS helped me in getting 2nd FP notice, but maybe I might have not got this notice had I not called them up.
My suggestion to people whose 1st FP have expired and have not received 2nd notice, should try calling BCIS.

Felt like sharing this news.

Thanks
Sanjay
EAC02-079----
RD 12/19/01
1FP 01/27/02
2FP 08/06/03

I called BCIS last month and still haven;t received anything yet.

Did you receive a letter from BCIS

It's probably just coincidence. I called BCIS before you and didn't get anything yet.

Anyway, your case is 1.5 months away from approval!

Called on 7/26

The day my FP expired and about 21 (calendar) days after BCIS received my RFE response. The representative took down my details to set up an enquiry. Nothing so far. Hopefully something will turn up soon: Adjudication (I wish!!)/2nd FP/Transfer

received 2nd FP today

Hi,
My first FP was done in March 2002 and today I have received 2nd FP. Earlier in June '03 I got RFE. 2nd FP is scheduled on Sep 3rd 2003.

I have a question. Shall I wait till Sep 3rd or Shall I appear at the address given for finger prints earlier?

Please don't ask this question again and agian on the board, search "dedicated link" first.

yes, you can go.

Re: received 2nd FP today

Originally posted by Dec17Rd
Hi,
My first FP was done in March 2002 and today I have received 2nd FP. Earlier in June '03 I got RFE. 2nd FP is scheduled on Sep 3rd 2003.

I have a question. Shall I wait till Sep 3rd or Shall I appear at the address given for finger prints earlier?

If you are going to the Philly Center, they will allow you to FP before the scheduled date.

RD 12/26/01
FP1 3/30/02
FP2 8/1/03
Msg Update 8/5/03
RFE recd 6/25/03

To raga_gc and Dec17RD

I went to a local INS office in Chicago, different from the one I was supposed to go, went on a Saturday at 3 pm, nobody was there at that time. It did not take more than 10 minutes for the whole process.
Dec17Rd try your luck, don't wait till 3rd Sept, try going on a Saturday, you should be able to get it done(hopefully by this weekend). I would suggest try going to one INS office, if they don't take it, go to the second INS office the same day.

All the best
Thanks
Sanjay

I went to Glenmont application support center (MD) on 08/13 but they refused to do my FP earlier than the specified date and time.

The guy sitting at the front desk was rude. though there are few people he didn't allow me.

Bad luck. have to wait till Sep 3rd.

GCDEC2001,
I don't want to try different INS centers. Thanks for your advice. I'll wait till Sept 3rd.

thanks