Called TSC

p235

Registered Users (C)
Has any body called TSC recently?

I just spoke to one and a rep told me that they are no longer giving out case status information over the phone. She said that the only way to find out about the case status is by opening a SR.

Did anyone called TSC and had a similar or different experience?

Thanks,

Has any body called TSC recently?

I just spoke to one and a rep told me that they are no longer giving out case status information over the phone. She said that the only way to find out about the case status is by opening a SR.

Did anyone called TSC and had a similar or different experience?

Thanks,

It all depends on the person to whom we talk and our luck. :) I talked today to a nice lady in TSC. But in previous occasions I got similar answer like you got today.

got the same reply today about 11:30AM CST.... not entertaining any status updates. Call CSR.
I had called yesterday too. Was devatated to hear they are trumping the Feb memo with the april news realease. So I calle dback today to make sure its consistent.

I called today and got the same response - open Service Request. Bullshit info. I am sure they have all the information. I am going to try again after a few days and hope for a better rep. This name was named "Laurie". If you hear her name, hang up :)

Bad News for those with Recent I-485 RD

Bad News for those with Recent I-485 RD

I called TSC today and I was told to forget about the approval of I-485s based on "name check pending for more than 6 months" memo. The obnoxious woman said that the USCIS is now going by the new memo and that they will NOT touch my file till November 2008.

Meanwhile, it is likely that both NSC and TSC might be approving I-485s with RD of 2007 (even June 2007) and no body is to question the USCIS on those approvals because their response will be that the approvals are based on those applicants' FBI name check being already cleared.

Now, who is going to stop the applicants who are stuck in name check from flocking to a Representative, Senator or the First Lady to get their FBI name check expedited. I can only laugh when Americans talk about red tape and nepotism elsewhere in the world.

I just hope that both USCIS and FBI will keep up to their word on the timetable on name checks.

IE

I'll hazard a guess what happened - last year when dates were current some people called many times and got approved. They posted their experiences here and encouraged everyone to do so. I am sure pretty soon thousands of people were calling many times everyday, each saying "please approve my application".

I think they learnt their lesson - this time they are not entertaining any phone requests - they know if they yield to one person, their lines will get jammed again.

Just a guess - no hard information on this.

Called TSC today

Has anyone called TSC today?

I called TSC today and they told me that they no longer follows the Feb Memo where the GC will be approved if the FBI name check is pending for more than 6 months instead they are following the April 2nd, 2008 Memo where I need to wait until Nov 2008 or Feb 2009.

I called them again today and got the same rep and she said the same thing as yesterday (no longer accepting case status on phone...blah..blah...blah).
This is getting really frustrating. I don't know, when this is going to end

What does April2nd Memo says..

What does April2nd Memo says.. If any one know about this can they say something of this memo?

Getting crazy with memos !!! nothing is clear.

Adding more confusions to existing confusion and uscis mistakes.

I called TSC today and they told me that they no longer follows the Feb Memo where the GC will be approved if the FBI name check is pending for more than 6 months instead they are following the April 2nd, 2008 Memo where I need to wait until Nov 2008 or Feb 2009.

No wonder they are obnoxious when some of you call 2-3 days in a row, just "to make sure it is accurate".

Thanks, but this holds good for people whose FBI Name check is not complete or done.

But what is stopping USCIS / TSC to look at cases which are name check cleared? Cant understand them at all !!!

The answer is - Name Check BACKLOG.

The issue number one is to CLEAR NAME CHECK BACKLOG !!!!
They took responsibilities to clear one in the certain time frame and if they are going to take care straight forward cases they will not make it.

Why do not you understand it ?

The answer is - Name Check BACKLOG.

The issue number one is to CLEAR NAME CHECK BACKLOG !!!!
They took responsibilities to clear one in the certain time frame and if they are going to take care straight forward cases they will not make it.

Why do not you understand it ?

It is not easy to understand USCIS,

As earlier they were telling they will work on all cases pending 180 days can be name check clear or not clear cases.

now they are telling they will only work on name check cases completed.

any way not much action is seen on name check complete cases one on them being me.

No wonder they are obnoxious when some of you call 2-3 days in a row, just "to make sure it is accurate".

People get different answers for same question from different IIOs. You know usually people join USCIS when they can't get real jobs.

You all are incorrect!!

The basic thing is nobody knows what they are doing! The funny thing (if someone sees the humor in having people's lives put on hold for years), is that the USCIS folks also are clueless.

If it was true that they are focussing on approving namecheck cases, then we would have seen several people whose namechecks have been stuck for 4 years or over get approved (my case is an example since everything has been complete since 2006 and namecheck were cleared over a week ago, but they tell me that my case is waiting to be assigned and I need to wait for 60 days). Instead, we have only seen cases with RD of 2007 approved. So either they are lying (or as politicians say giving misleading statements), or they are clueless as to what they are doing. I vote for the latter!

The basic thing is nobody knows what they are doing! The funny thing (if someone sees the humor in having people's lives put on hold for years), is that the USCIS folks also are clueless.

If it was true that they are focussing on approving namecheck cases, then we would have seen several people whose namechecks have been stuck for 4 years or over get approved (my case is an example since everything has been complete since 2006 and namecheck were cleared over a week ago, but they tell me that my case is waiting to be assigned and I need to wait for 60 days). Instead, we have only seen cases with RD of 2007 approved. So either they are lying (or as politicians say giving misleading statements), or they are clueless as to what they are doing. I vote for the latter!

I see your frustration, I believe if you personally had been approved some days back you would not write this post at all.
But you must understand that since April 10 you are not the subject of Feb 4th memo anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: