Call from department of homeland security

gc_eb3

Registered Users (C)
I got a call this morning from homeland security told me that they want to talk about my employment. She told me that they will call me tomorrow and the call would take probably long.

Did anybody had got the call from the department regarding the employment?

NE-EB3-filled 140/485 - RD 04/30/2004 - waiting

Work Experience !

Do you claim your work experience with out any gaps?, Do your H1's overlaps if you have more than 1?.

i think maybe your country of birth or you occupation is randomly selected. let us know the result.

Work Experience !

I was working in states for almost 6 yrs without Gap and yes I had overlap of H1. In one year I have changed 2 companies.

I would be reluctant to answer any type of immigration related questions by phone. I would consult an AILA lawyer about this.

gc_eb3 said:
I was working in states for almost 6 yrs without Gap and yes I had overlap of H1. In one year I have changed 2 companies.

Experience!

gc_eb3 said:

I don't think that causes for any kind of questions regarding employment, i am sure they picked up your case randomly , but i never saw somebody calling from homeland security .. please update tomorrow, what happend. Thanks

Talk to your Attorney first or request if the query can be sent in mail / email, which should be the proper channel. Phone communication on either end can be dicey. Hope its not a prank.

Good luck.

DIGS

I read somewhere that USCIS (part of Homeland Security) may call and ask questions instead of issueing RFEs if they think it can be resolved quickly over the phone. I figured that no one would take the time to do so and just generate a form letter instead, maybe I was wrong.

Please keep us updated.

Interesting , please let us know what is it about , I suggest you have your lawyer present or atleast let him/her know about it.

I spoke to my attorney. He wants to be included in the conferrence call. But I think I need to get permission from department for conferrencing him.

your lawyer is your repesentative and he has the right to be with you on any issues regarding your application. i don't think uscis will disagree this.

Yes, I agree with comments above. First of all, you need make sure that it isn't a fraude. Second, I would have my lawyer by myside. You paid him to be your representant and it is on this moment that you need one. Be aware, they maybe ask you some questions that your lawyer knows how to answer the proper way.
Good luck and keep us post!

Regards

do not worry

I hope questions will be probably related to your background etc which is indirectly related to your I485. I am sure they would like to clear their confusion after talking with you.........after that they will think whether they need to issue RFE or not. Good luck

If you can resolve this over the phone, that would be much better and faster for you than getting an RFE, or even a local transfer.

I had a call with department of homeland security and personnel from labor department for almost an hour. They are investigating on one of the company I have worked. I don't know yet whether it has anything to do with my gc application. But they have whole file of mine when they spoke to me. they asked me to fax every single paystub from my old company. I believe, somebody has compained about the company that they are charging for h1b and are deducting from their paychecks. since they asked me whether my paychecks has any misc charges. Anyway once I fax my paystubs everything should be fine. I guess??

Thanks for the update .Hopefully it shouldn't have anything to do with your case as it sounds like they are after that company for unknown reasons.

Good luck to you