Brother sponsered Green Card

rkmsnd007

Hola, my brother is a Citizen of US (been there for 15 years) and is willing to sponsor me, my wife and daughter under the family-based preference categories - Fourth preference (F4) - brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.

How much time does it take to get in this category and how much does it cost ?

Regards,
RKMSND

As mom says currently 14 years, but it seems to get longer every year (its numerically limited per year and the number of applicants rises each year so those at the back of the queue end up waiting longer) Given past trends I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 18 years or so before the petition is current. (It’s already much longer for Mexico and Philippines, like 20-23 years)
Immediate cost is $535 for your brother to file an I130
In future there will be costs but obviously at that time frame likely to be higher than now, main current costs per person are the medicals (few hundred dollars pp depending on country), immigrant visa interview fee (currently $325 pp) and green card fee ($220 pp). Other incidentals depending on your country re: cost of civil documents etc
Age of your daughter could be a factor, if she is over 21 (with some adjustments depending on processing times) by the time the petition is current she will have “aged out” and not be eligible for a visa on this basis.

Last edited: