British Citizens

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
Can British Citizens work easily in the USA? Or do they have to go thru the H1 crap like the rest of us?

they have to go through the same procedure. H1 labor 140 485. Only ppl from NAFTA countries can come here and work withouth H1 or any other work permit.

Brit / German friends... same procedure.

Khushwant Singh used to write a column: "With Malice Towards One and All" :)

The main question is ...

is Silly man contemplating on getting British Citizenship and then H1 and 485 filing....

coz Maybe silly man thinks he can get 485 approval faster that way......you never know maybe Blair Bitch will help Silly Man....

Originally posted by mygcwaiter100
The main question is ...

is Silly man contemplating on getting British Citizenship and then H1 and 485 filing....

coz Maybe silly man thinks he can get 485 approval faster that way......you never know maybe Blair Bitch will help Silly Man....

Gives a whole new meaning to "The Blair Bitch Project".

Silly

Most Brits come on a L, reason being most companies here have a Brit office and allmost all brits who come here either work in Finance or Tech and the remaining brits in britain are either bar tenders or hair dressers:D
No offense to any brits who are reading this. I have worked in London plus studied there, so taking the libertyof poking some british pun!

On a serious note 80% of people in Britain who move to the US move into the financial services and health care domain and just 20% move into tech.

Reason of such low numbers in tech is that in britain a brit as well qualified in tech can easily get a very powerful managerial/tech role if he wishes and he will be the lord of all he surveys! as opposed to a classless society here where nothing but your work matters (in most cases). An architect getting abt 60k pounds is not very uncommon, just imagine this, 50k pounds in 96,000 dollars and if you live outside of London it is like having a home in Marthas Vineyard!! who the heck will want to leave and come here!

Financial services is a completely diff ball game, starting salaries are easily 40,000 pounds for a good fresher from say LBS or LSE or Oxford, and touch the 100k pound mark for seasoned investment banking profs!

Those lucky brits!

Brits have to go through the same crap as we do. I jsut spoke with one of my collegue, who is a Brit, never cared to applu for his GC eventhough he is working with the same company for almost 6 yrs. Applied his GC after I reminded him 2 yrs ago. Now, his RIR got denied and he is feeling bad abt not applying earlier. I kind of consoled him that atleast he make some kicks being a Pre IPO guy and our company once traded $200 + :D

Silly Man here is a joke for you...

This a joke that British Actor Michael Caine told Tonight Show host Johnny Carson Read it with a British accent.

A man comes home early from work one day and finds his wife in bed with three of his best friends.

He looks at them and says, "Wats this! 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello!"

His wife looks up at him and says, "Well aren't ya gonna say 'ello to me?"

:D :D :D :D

I'm a Brit in tech on a L1 and waiting for the GC like everyone else. Though I also married an American Citizen not that it helps as marriage GC take longer.

Hang in their.....

Originally posted by rjl
I'm a Brit in tech on a L1 and waiting for the GC like everyone else. Though I also married an American Citizen not that it helps as marriage GC take longer.

Hang in their.....

rjl, atleast in that you don't have to putup with employer abuse.

Imagine if Marriage GC would have the same requirements .. how would an RFE look like .. 4 years down the line (after you filed).

"Please provide the following.

a) Submit documentation to prove your still get as much sex before marriage and you will continue to get it until after your GC is approved.
b) Submit evidence that your wife's dress size is still the same as it was before marriage. If it's not, explain why (Silly Advice: Get a lawyer, coz this might mean interview).
c) Submit all previous girlfriend and current girlfriend experiences, along with letters of recommendation.
"

(I don't even wanna try and think of what they would ask in lieu of 3 most recent paystubs).

You get the idea !! ;)

AND .. guess what ..

You wouldn't be able to work for more than one employer at the same time ..

(Though you can do part-time on EAD .. hmm).

Silly Man,

Damn! I can resist commenting on this one...:D :D :D

Well. Some of my friends have gotten there GC through marriage. Some of them were also called for the interview and guess the kinda questions they asked.

1) What kind of lipstick does your wife use?
2) Which side of the bed do you sleep?
3) Who cooked last nite you or her or you went out.
4) Where did you go out dining last time.

And all these absurd question...will make you feel that EVL and paystubs are babies in front of that.....(in my opinion)

One is opening the entire life history infron to the IIO including your sex life and what not...

I think you need to watch the film called
Green Card, about a couple in a marriage of convienence so he could get a GC. They spent weeks learning their answers.

On a different note do feel CSC is actually speeding up...from very little processing to little processing ?