Breaking news! Approval for all I-485 pending for more than 180 days!

Cool Down Guys.

I agree that BCIS may come up with some very surprising stuff. Remember when in 1999 for 6 months everybody who had a approved 140 became current and could file 485....

We may hear some good news, but lets not speculate too much as to what it would be and then later sulk (remember the magnificent 7 news)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by gettingclosernow
Do you really think BCIS is automatically going to approve all outstanding 485 applications over 180 days???

Absolutely certain 485 applications pending over 180 days will be approved - but how many days over and above the 180 days - nobody can tell and definitely it will not be automatic.
Do you really think they will run the risk of approving a terrorist because they haven't processed an appliction in that time frame?
No.
Definitely no. They will not take the risks

SM...

Originally posted by Silly Man
lsamp I think ur right .. this is probably AC21 guidance .. i.e. if ur over 180 days, u can change jobs without worrying about denial of 485 .. the rest of the rules stay as is .. which basically means no change compared to today.

But remember, something good in everything.

http://www1.indiatimes.com/cartoon/julcart08.htm

SM/ISAMP -> If that is so, dont u think murthy wud use the words AC21? Also AC21 requires you to get another similar job else u still lose ur GC, if u get RFE & u cant get the reqd. docs...If AC21, i feel murthy wud use the words in her answer...

1. He promised me that the BCIS will release such a memo by this Friday, July 11, 2003.

2. I expect something to be released in about a week or two.

I am not able to decipher the time difference between these two lines. One says Friday July 11 and the second line says about a week or two.

Can someone throw some light please . Let us just not get excited with ""July 11"" plzzzzz.