Both on TN Visa, Spouse applying for H1-B to get a Greencard, should I...?

erzerz

My spouse and I we both are computer engineers from Mexico working under TN Visa, for different employers.

In order to obtain a Greencard, we both asked for our employers to change to H1-B. Only my spouse was accepted to be sponsored.

Our goal is for both to get a greencard.

Can I apply for a greencard after my spouse gets one? I will still be on a TN Visa, so I don't know if that's possible.
Can I still be working under TN if I applied for an H-4 visa and filed for permission to work under H-4?
What would you advise?

Thank you so much for your help!

If your spouse employer is willing to sponsor for green card, then you can obtain greencard at same time, under same application as your spouse. it will take several years.
Once your spouse has H1B you can apply for H-4, if not already applied, but be aware you cannot work under H-4 status. You need to apply for EAD under H-4 which will take several months. Also there is uncertainty about future of H4 EAD. So it may be best to continue on TN.
TN to Green Card can be a long process, and is documented under TN thread. Curious George posted details and I suggest you read it in detail.
I think you are best to consult with your spouse company immigration team on best strategy to green card for you and your spouse. Good luck !