Bona Fide Offer

dukhi_aatma

Registered Users (C)
AC21 says offer of employment must have been bona fide and the employer must have had the intent, at the TIME the I140 was approved to employ the beneficiary upon adjustment.
These lines are too legal for me and I am not able to understand anything at all. What is Bona Fide offer ?

Who is employer here ? How one can prove that the next imployer has intent to employ at the time of I140 approval, if no offer has been made by anyone yet !

:eek: :eek:

140 is sponsored by employer- so must have a bona fide (genuine)- offer from the sponsoring employer at time of 140 approval. You can change job only after 140 approval.
HTH

Originally posted by dukhi_aatma
AC21 says offer of employment must have been bona fide and the employer must have had the intent, at the TIME the I140 was approved to employ the beneficiary upon adjustment.
These lines are too legal for me and I am not able to understand anything at all.
What is Bona Fide offer ?
---- Genuine offer
Who is employer here ?
------ the employer here is who filed I-140 for you.

How one can prove that the next imployer has intent to employ at the time of I140 approval, if no offer has been made by anyone yet !
**** New employer can show the Intent to hire you permanently after I-140 APPROVAL AND I-485 pending more than 180 days, if you dont have any offer for future permanent job after I-485 approval from new Employer you cannot use AC21

------Please read the AC21 Memo page 3 last paragraphs also page 5 last paragraphs

“ In all cases an offer of employment must have been bona fide, and the employer must have had the intent, at the time the Form I-140 was approved, to employ the beneficiary upon adjustment. it should be noted that there is no requirement in statute or regulations that a beneficiary of I-140 actually be in the underlying employment until permanent residence is authorized”

:eek: :eek: