bloody hell - Approved (AC21)

scotsman

Registered Users (C)
bloody hell - Approved (AC21) nd - 05/15/02

Damn, that is sweet sweet news...

both my wife and myself have been approved.

WAC02186xxxx

nd - 5/15/02
done two sets of fp's
just applied for my third EAD. - wont be needing that now :)

two weeks ago I send and email to the ombudsman, dont know if that tickled the application.

I was an AC21 applicant, and never got an RFE. so it looks like they have gone from full on scrutiny, to very little.

This forum kept me sane. unbelievable support and knowledge.

good luck to all you others waiting. I really think it looks like they might be serious about making the 6month backlog target

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you informed USCIS about AC21, before hand

scotsman said:
Damn, that is sweet sweet news...

both my wife and myself have been approved.

WAC02186xxxx

nd - 5/15/02
done two sets of fp's
just applied for my third EAD. - wont be needing that now :)

two weeks ago I send and email to the ombudsman, dont know if that tickled the application.

I was an AC21 applicant, and never got an RFE. so it looks like they have gone from full on scrutiny, to very little.

This forum kept me sane. unbelievable support and knowledge.

good luck to all you others waiting. I really think it looks like they might be serious about making the 6month backlog target

Congratulations!!!

Have you informed USCIS about AC21, before hand. Means before RFE. If so, Could you please let us know, what information you sent them.

I am in similiar situation, but not informed about the employment change.

Also who is ombudsman? Is he congressman?

Thanks
Prathi

when i changed jobs, i think the lawyer filed something with the change of representation papers. so i'm pretty they know i'm not with the original petitioning employer.

but i dont think they are checking or perhaps the are back to the old sample checking from pre-9/11.

I think this is the case as my wife and I got married in vegas about 3 weeks before i applied so i only had the unofficial marriage license (the certified version came about 6 weeks after) so i was expecting and RFE on that but they never bothered.

the funniest thing is we got married by an elvis impersonator and he signed as the second witness (you only need one in nevada) but he signed it Elvis Presley. :D

so for sure I was expecting them to pick up on that.

scotsman said:
.the funniest thing is we got married by an elvis impersonator and he signed as the second witness (you only need one in nevada) but he signed it Elvis Presley. :D.

Americans never make joke about three persons - Lincoln, Sinatra and Elvis. Therefore, USCIS adjucating officer believed it. It's unimaginable and unthinkable that someone would sign as Elvis and make joke of him. :D :D He got to be REAL Elvis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and thanks for the info ! I guess I won't need to worry about marrige license RFE now, since I married my wife in vegas 1 week before applying, and not by Elvis. :)

How did you contact ombudsman ?

Scotsman,

Could you tell me how you've contacted ombudsman. I would like to do the same.

Thanks
JM

I sent the email below to 'ciso@dhs.gov' with the full WAC numbers. i dont know if it helped or not. it may be coincidental that I recd an approval two weeks later, best i can think is they forwarded the application numbers to INS and that caused the application to get pulled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Respected Sir,

re: WAC02186xxxxx, WAC02186xxxx

I filed 485 applications for myself and my spouse in the 1st week of May 2002 and we have completed fingerprinting , FBI name check etc. on a number of occasions.

Since then I have applied for multiple Employment authorization cards and Advance Parole documents in order to work legally in the US and maintain my status . This is impacting me severely in my ability to make economic as well as social decisions for my family.

It is with great frustration I have to write this email to you about the processing of the cases, as it is not being done in a fair and equitable manner. There are applications that have been filed in early 2003 to late May 2003 that are being processed and approved while immigrants like myself and also immigrants who filed over a year before me are still waiting for their cases to be touched.

This is totally unfair and is an egregiously arbitrary manner for a government department to operate. Can you please at the very least, elicit some form of assurance from the Director of the CSC, as to the length of time it will take to be in compliance with the funding backed commitment of 6 months backlog.

I request you to examine this matter urgently.

A good place for you communicate with the people in the limbo of CSC inactivity is the http:/immigrationportal.com
website.

Hi

Hi scotsman,

How do u know u have completed name check. Is there any number to know about our name check has completed. I know about the fingerprintings.

Or some one can give telephoneno. how we can enquire about our name checks .

thanks

WAC02-13X-XXXXXX

scotsman said:
I sent the email below to 'ciso@dhs.gov' with the full WAC numbers. i dont know if it helped or not. it may be coincidental that I recd an approval two weeks later, best i can think is they forwarded the application numbers to INS and that caused the application to get pulled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Respected Sir,

re: WAC02186xxxxx, WAC02186xxxx

I filed 485 applications for myself and my spouse in the 1st week of May 2002 and we have completed fingerprinting , FBI name check etc. on a number of occasions.

Since then I have applied for multiple Employment authorization cards and Advance Parole documents in order to work legally in the US and maintain my status . This is impacting me severely in my ability to make economic as well as social decisions for my family.

It is with great frustration I have to write this email to you about the processing of the cases, as it is not being done in a fair and equitable manner. There are applications that have been filed in early 2003 to late May 2003 that are being processed and approved while immigrants like myself and also immigrants who filed over a year before me are still waiting for their cases to be touched.

This is totally unfair and is an egregiously arbitrary manner for a government department to operate. Can you please at the very least, elicit some form of assurance from the Director of the CSC, as to the length of time it will take to be in compliance with the funding backed commitment of 6 months backlog.

I request you to examine this matter urgently.

A good place for you communicate with the people in the limbo of CSC inactivity is the http:/immigrationportal.com
website.
Good One!

Dec02 said:
Hi scotsman,
How do u know u have completed name check. Is there any number to know about our name check has completed. I know about the fingerprintings.

I dont - but that doesn't stop me saying so to the ombudsman! :)