Birthdate in Birth certificate doesn't match with birthdate on passport

mcmxcad

I, recently, found out, my birth year in birth certificate is not in sync with what I have it on my passport. There is an error in my birth year. Rest of the information is correct, and matches with birth certificate.

My green card process is initiated, and all the information is based off of passport. My I -140 was approved recently. That's when I started preparing for the next stage, and I found out about mismatch of birth date in birth certificate and passport.

I was wondering if anybody has a similar case, who is making the necessary changes. I would like to change the birthdate in my passport, and correct all the other official documents like DL, SSN, etc.

Can anyone who has prior knowledge, would be able to suggest me steps to be taken, and how long approximately it will take to make the corrections?

Any help would be appreciated. Please feel free to direct to me an immigration attorney who has worked on a similar case.

Thanks Ahead!

Which date is correct - birth certificate or passport? You need to get the incorrect one fixed. Do you have an actual birth certificate with your complete name and your parents' names?

Thanks nkm-oct23 for the reply.

Birth date in Birth Certificate is correct. I'm working on finding ways to correct the birth date in passport. I checked with the Municipality office, they do have my birth record, which is good. I haven't had it issued yet.

Since I'm still looking for the steps to start working towards the correction of the passport. Would you be able to tell me the steps to take.

I appreciate your time!

I have the same thing and I need help

Thanks nkm-oct23 for the reply.

Birth date in Birth Certificate is correct. I'm working on finding ways to correct the birth date in passport. I checked with the Municipality office, they do have my birth record, which is good. I haven't had it issued yet.

Since I'm still looking for the steps to start working towards the correction of the passport. Would you be able to tell me the steps to take.

I appreciate your time!

My birth certificate is correct May 18 , but my foreign passport says May 28 and when I get my green card they used May 18 as the birth certificate. So the wrong one is the one on the passport, but will I be able to travel international and come back to US ? and how do I guarantee that ?

I called the council to change the DOB on the passport they cannot change it, and its 10 years court process.

I have the same thing and I need help

My birth certificate is correct May 18 , but my foreign passport says May 28 and when I get my green card they used May 18 as the birth certificate. So the wrong one is the one on the passport, but will I be able to travel international and come back to US ? and how do I guarantee that ?

I called the council to change the DOB on the passport they cannot change it, and its 10 years court process.
I am in a similar situation. Did you ever travel internationally without issues?