Birth Certificates

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
could you help my friend with this question.

He is planning to apply for I485 before July 31st with the revised bulletins. His original Birth certificate might take sometime. Can he get affidavits from 3 known people who are atleast 15+ years elder to him.

Please advise asap.

thanks.

Guys,
could you help my friend with this question.

He is planning to apply for I485 before July 31st with the revised bulletins. His original Birth certificate might take sometime. Can he get affidavits from 3 known people who are atleast 15+ years elder to him.

Please advise asap.

thanks.

Plus he needs a certificate -- stating that his birth certificate cannot be found. Affidavits from 2 persons is enough .. Parents or relatives are preffered.

NSC also requested for my birth certificate. I was born in Thailand to Filipino parents and I am of Filipino nationality. I initially submitted by birth certificate issued by the Philippine embassy in Thailand but they requested my Thai birth certificate. Neither my Mom or I had the original Thai one. I wrote to the registrars office, contacted the staff who spoke no English, contacted the 3 Thai embassies in the US who also requested that I return to Thailand to avail of the certificates. At the end I submitted 2 affidavits, my Catholic baptismal certificate. ONe affidavit came from my Mom, my Father passed away, and another one from my godmother listed from on the baptismal certificate. The NSC accepted the documentation and I received the greencard after 2 weeks of review.

Funny thing is, my twin brother who also submitted the Philippine embassy issued birth certificate to the NSC was never questioned and he too was given the greencard. It's the luck of the draw, I guess.

Hope this helps.