Birth Certificate Translation Question

aelwany

Dear All,

I know this sounds really naive, but you know that even the most naive things could get you a RFE with immigration!!! Your help will be truly appreciated.

I am getting ready to file I-485 for me and my wife based on EB-1. Everything seems to be smooth. i am just hesitant regarding Translation of our birth certificates and marriage certificates

There are the 2 options I have:
Option 1 I have official translation from an attorney in my home country Egypt. In fact, this attorney is the attorney that is recommended by the US Embassy in Egypt. There is the attorney's stamp at the bottom certifying that the translation is true and accurate + signature, and the attorney's contact info is on the letter head

Option 2 Just re-type this translation on a plain piece of paper, and have an acquaintance certify that [I am competent in both English and Arabic. I certify that the above is true and accurate. Date + Signature

What do you recommend? I tend to see that the translation from the attorney is stronger. However, it states that translation is true and accurate. Does not explicitly say (I am competent in both english and arabic). I thought of, perhaps, including the attorney's translations, and attach a copy from the US Embassy website stating that this is the recommended translator????????

Or should I just use Option 2?

Thank you very much.

Alaa

Option two works fine. But option one looks way better. Why cheap out on something so important? Submit color scans of everything too. Don't cut corners! Also, check the reciprocity table on the department of state website. Make sure the documents you are submitting are what is listed as acceptable proof of birth and marriage. Was your birth certificate registered within a year of birth?