Birth Certificate question

yash

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I read the requirement that Mumbai consulate is asking for original Birth certificate in case of drop box applications for Visitor visa.

What about the appointment through interview in Mumbai? Do we need to send BC for that also?
If BC is in hindi, do we need to get a translated copy also?

Thanks

All those appreaing for interview at Mumbai Consulate,

Did the officer ask for original / photo copy of BC??

Please reply.....

Thanks

yes. they will ask for the original BC or a notarized copy. My friend's parent went there last month and were asked for BC specifically. If its in Hindi, it will be best to get a notarized translated copy, just to be on the safe side.

Notarized copy??

Does that mean Affidavit of birth from the court will do?

I do not have original B.C

Thanks a lot

No original BC

sweeta_dd

Did ur parents got visa? I also dont have original BC. Did they submit the affidavit from the court?

I will appreciate your response.

raj

Yes

The Mumbai consulate website does mention Original BC req.

However I had a similar problem and my parents went to the interview with court affidavit. They were never asked to show BC, so I cannot tell you the cnsequence of not having one.

They got the visa.

But You can get "No record Available" certificate from Municipal Corp. That makes afidavit more genuine.

Its a long process-- my parents are still trying to get that certifaicate and they wudnt give that until my parent bring court order.

Hi

As far as I know 2 of my friends parents arrived in the last month and both werent asked. You can take teh chance. But if you want to, as told earlier, send it in English. Can be notarised by someone and taken.

My inlaws got their visitor visa yesterday. They werent asked any questions or papers. In fact they were told, you need not have got so many papers..FYI..

My mother has an appointment at Mumbai Consulate on june 1st. I have my original BC (no name) and an affidevit from my mother and father about birth certificate. This is the one that I used for my green card.

Now, should I send these original documents to them? or should I get a photocopy and get it notarized at my bank and send the copies?

Isn't it foolish to ask original BC. Why will parents have original BC? It will be with child who is in US. Its risky to send it by mail !!

Pls advice. I have to mail these within a day or two.

Thanks a zillion

hi all,

i have a query regarding the birth cert in mumbai. my husband is sponsoring for my parents. so should they show my original bith cert or my husband's birth cert or both??

thanks in advance..

swapna.

mvatx said:
hi all,

i have a query regarding the birth cert in mumbai. my husband is sponsoring for my parents. so should they show my original bith cert or my husband's birth cert or both??

thanks in advance..

swapna.

Your birthcertificate with your name, parents name, place, DOB all same as passport and your marriage certificate which has your and your husband's name (same as in passport or affidavit of name change).

Original Birth Certificate Required?

Is an Original Birth Certificate required for a B2/ Tourist visa
for my parents?

Will a copy of Birth Certificate be ok to submit?

Please reply.

original BC not avaiable

Hi gurus,

My original BC is not available since I was born before they started keeping records. My parents have a visa appt at Kolkata. They are carrying Effidevit from mother, father and grandmother and also my matriculaton certificate. Is a 'Not available' cert from municipality absolutely essential? I was born in Bihar and there is not enough time to get the 'Not available' cert now.

Thanks, Deba

Birth of certificate of sponser or visitor

Hello All,

My appointment is scheduled at 18th Nov for tourish visa. I would like to know,

1. Does consulate need BC of visitor or sponserer?

2. I have copy of mine and my wife's origional BC and attached to the paperwork. Father-in-law got remarried after my wife's real mother's death. My wife's BC show real mothers name. How do we handle this situation?

3. Do we need our in-laws marriage certificate and photohraphs in the docket?

Please let us know at the earliest..

What is in your wife's pp ?

What is in your wife's pp and your marraige certificate ? That also mentions real name ?

little_tongya said:
Hello All,

2. I have copy of mine and my wife's origional BC and attached to the paperwork. Father-in-law got remarried after my wife's real mother's death. My wife's BC show real mothers name. How do we handle this situation?

Does anybody have answer to this??

Thanks

Hello All,

2. I have copy of mine and my wife's origional BC. I am attaching my wofe's the origional to the docket. Father-in-law got remarried after my wife's real mother's death. My wife's BC show real mothers name. How do we handle this situation?

Gurus,

i dont have a original birth certificate with me. Will my matric certificate where my dob is mentioned will do.

An eary reply will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance

school/college leaving certificate in place of Birth Certificate

Hello Gurus,

I cant find my Original Birth certificate.

What alternatives are possible ?

I have folowing with me in original..
-SSC marksheet with Name and Birth date on it.
-original college leaving certificate with Name and Birth date on it.

please help me, I have an appointment on 31st May, 2008....