Birth Certificate-Not Available...

ramdas2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
My wife is planning to apply for GC for her Mother. Her mom was born in Burma and is now settled in New Delhi,India. She does not have a birth certificate, How can she get a affidavit/non availabilty of Birth certificate. She currently does not have any contacts in Burma.
My wife has her Mother's Burma passport with her BirthDate, will this serve as a replacement for her Birth Certificate.

Thank you
Ramdas

Hi folks,
My wife is planning to apply for GC for her Mother. Her mom was born in Burma and is now settled in New Delhi,India. She does not have a birth certificate, How can she get a affidavit/non availability of Birth certificate. She currently does not have any contacts in Burma.
My wife has her Mother's Burma passport with her birth date, will this serve as a replacement for her Birth Certificate.
-------------------------They will need Non Availability or Birth certificate. try to find how one can get from Burma. IF She gets Non Availability of birth certificate from Burma then NA copy of English translation and two affidavits from Parents or relatives on Stamp paper(India) with your mother name , Date of Birth, Place of Birth, name of her Mother, name of her father and the person making the affidavit also should state his/her relationship to her and how he/she knows the information of her Birth. Affidavits should be on Stamp paper signed before Notary Public.
The info about date of birth, Place of Birth, Father Name, mother name should be same as on passport and match the info she or you provide on Forms

Thank you
Ramdas
How is she staying in India? OCI or PIO or got Indian citizenship?

My wife has us citizenship, she is in the US. Her mom is staying in India currently with Indian passport.

Thank you

How she can have Burma passport AND Indian passport? How did she got Indian passport? what is the place of Birth on her Indian passport?

Hi Ginnu,
Currently she has a Indian passport which states her place of birth has Rangoon. She has no way of getting NA from Burma, since she has no one there and also when she was born there was no proper recod keeping in burma.
Could we file for her GC just based on affidavits from india, let me know...

I am planning to file I-130 first, then I-485 is that a good startegy...

Thank you
Ramdas

Hi Ginnu,
Currently she has a Indian passport which states her place of birth has Rangoon. She has no way of getting NA from Burma, since she has no one there and also when she was born there was no proper recod keeping in burma.
Could we file for her GC just based on affidavits from india, let me know...

I am planning to file I-130 first, then I-485 is that a good startegy...
---------------- Your wife should file I-130. to file I-485 one needs to be in US.

Thank you
Ramdas

Read Below for BC from BURMA
http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9009

Documents

Note: (During the years 1942-1945, Burma was devastated by nearly continuous fighting. Almost every part of the country suffered heavy damage, often repeatedly. As a result, almost no civil records predate 1945, although, in rare instances, families may have preserved their own copies of birth certificates and family registers.)
Birth Certificates

Available. (See heading note.) After World War II and the insurrections from 1947-1950, birth registration gradually became more regular and common, especially in the cities. From the mid-1950's until the early 1970's compliance with birth registration regulations increased until it is now standard in all but the most remote areas. The variety of birth certificate forms used during the colonial era and afterward can be confusing. The U.S. Embassy in Rangoon will investigate suspect documents sent from other posts.

Applicants born in Rangoon Division may request birth certificates from:

Office of the Divisional Health Director
Yangon Health Division
No.520, West Race Course Road
Yangon, Myanmar

The applicant seeking the certificate must provide a copy of his/her identity card and family registration, his/her name and aliases, date and place of birth, parents' names, and parents' address at the time of applicant's birth.

There is a fee for the birth entry copy that must be paid in Kyat and may not be legally imported into or exported from Burma. Overseas applicants must have relatives or friends apply for them.

Those born outside Rangoon Division must apply to the Township Medical Officer of the township of their birth, sending the fee and the personal data listed above.

If the birth was not recorded or the record was destroyed, the authorities will issue a letter to that effect.

If a birth certificate is not available, secondary documents may help establish the fact of birth and the family relationship. The Citizen Verification Card issued to citizens and resident foreigners lists a person's name, aliases, date and place of birth. Some also include the father's name. Township authorities and heads of households keep household registers which show names, birth years and identity card numbers of all persons living in a particular house, and their relationship to the head of the household. Naturalized and associate citizens cards list the new citizen's spouse and all children born as of the identity card issue date. School diplomas show the name of the graduate's father, and marriage certificates list parents' names. Several of these documents taken together can build a credible case for a family relationship. (As a last resort, affidavits from family or friends may be acceptable, but these may be of doubtful reliability.)

Thank you Ginnu,nkm-oct23 for your detailed reply.
I will check it out.
I will try the methods suggested and see what happens

Hello Ramdas2005

Dis you have any luck? If so, what did you do? My mom is in a similar situation and we wanted to know if the USCIS accepted your explanations. Appreciate your sharing any insights.