Birth Certificate has initials in place of Last name

I am reaching out hoping to get some guidance. I have provided my question below along with a brief background.

I am ready to file my I-485 in EB-1.

Q1. My birth certificate was registered immediately after my birth and I also have a birth certificate issued at the time of birth. My Birth Certificate has my name with my Last Name initials rather than my Full last name. (i.e, Last Name initials.Full First name). My parents name is mentioned in the Birth Certificate but only their Full First Names are mentioned. I am working with an attorney office for filing my case. They are asking for 2 notorised affidavits from other relatives other than parents. They are not accepting notorised affidavits from my parents instead.

Q2. My wife has a Birth Certificate issued at the time of birth. Her case is same as mine with the only difference being her mom's full name is in the birth certificate. In this case what affidavits would I need to submit? My attorneys are again asking for affidavit from another relative as well. My wife's cousin is a US citizen and is 9 years older. My attorney office is not recommending an affidavit from him and are asking for affidavits from someone at least 10 years or older at the time of birth.

Can you please provide your experience/recommendation/guidance on the affidavits that would be recommended?