Biometrics rejected, need Police clearance reports from 3 countries, not enough time.

seanw

My wife and I have everything completed and approved for the K-1 visa except for one thing. At our final interview, we were informed her second attempt at biometric fingerprints were rejected. We have been given three months to file police report clearance from the last 5 years of her residency. The problem is, because of her job, she resided in three different countries- Hong Kong (SAR), Japan, and mainland China. Before she left HK, she already completed a police clearance reports from all 3 countries and submitted to the HK embassy. We don't have access to these copies and must request new reports from all 3 countries. After her consulate gave her approval for her entry to the US, she had to stay an extra 5 months in China to fulfill employment duties, but the interviewing lady said we needed a police report from China to fill this time gap.

The Japan embassy was a pleasure to deal with, but told us it would take 2 or 3 months for our request. The Hong Kong police report is going ok since we have family there to help us, but still will take a couple of months. The problem is with mainland China. We went to the Chinese embassy the very day we were told we needed to get these reports. The lady in the window basically said she could do nothing and that my wife needed to go back to China ( which is not an option) to file a request with the local police station there. We had a copy of the previous China police report, but it is just missing that 5 month gap. We have hired a lawyer in China to help us with this process of getting this report completed, but it looks like it will surpass the 3 month mark we were given to submit it since we have to mail a lot of forms back and forth to China. And no, they don't seem keep a record of previous requests, so the process needs to be started from scratch.

What should we do? Is there any way to file an extension? File an appeal? We are willing to go anywhere, even to a FBI building, to have them do my wife's fingerprints. Yet, this is not an option given to us by the USCIS (she has small hands, size 3 ring size and always has issues with light prints.) .

FYI- We avoided websites that claim they could get police reports from China for a small fee because my wife knows if a company is legit or not (She called them and asked them simple questions about the process that they couldn't answer correctly) - She also has no criminal record and has held a 10 year travel visa to the USA before getting our K-1 visa. If anyone can help, please give us some advice. Thank you,

sean