Biometrics for RP and RTD

Shameful

This USCIS people really get away with murder> We are there cash cow and they have no problems admiting it.

Hey Want, I remember from the old posts that you travel a lot. Do you travel with the RP? or your NP?
I know this issue has been discussed in detail multiple times before but I still don't know if renewing the NP and traveling with it (of course not to the CP) is risky for the naturalization or not. Is there any concensus on that? any ideas peeps?

Hey Want, I remember from the old posts that you travel a lot. Do you travel with the RP? or your NP?
I know this issue has been discussed in detail multiple times before but I still don't know if renewing the NP and traveling with it (of course not to the CP) is risky for the naturalization or not. Is there any concensus on that? any ideas peeps?

I have a RP because its easier to get a VIsa on it rather than a NP and its easier to show it overseas etc.

But when i come back, I always show NP because thats what they want.

from my understanding, you can apply in the states and do the BIO in a embassy overseas. If I am right then it shouldnt be a problem. But the increase of the fees is.

I will imagine this will apply to people that has expired biometrics(over 18 months old)At least I hope that will be the rationele INS will usa..

lets says i do my BIO for GC, does it mean for 18 months, I wont have to do a new BIO if I need for example a re entry permit?

AILA tried hard to convince the USCIS that doing this would make no sense. THe AILA letter here (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=8921|24008) fully captures the stupidity of this new requirement.

Well I kind of agree with USCIS ONLY if they stopped making people go to secondary after this. If a digital FP is something they want to make themselves more secure instead of guessing someone's ID, then go for it.

However, they also need to minimize the processing time & not act as if this document is from Mars when given to the local officers at the airports.

from my understanding, you can apply in the states and do the BIO in a embassy overseas. If I am right then it shouldnt be a problem. But the increase of the fees is.

YES & NO. Usually its recommended to apply while you are in U.S, however, if your circumstances force you to travel, you could apply overseas and be processed at an embassy.

I am seriously considering applying for my national passport. My consulate doesn't care and issues the passport regardless of the fact that one was an asylee and it is valid for 5 years! This reentry permit takes more than one year to be issued and is only valid for 2 while most the countries want a valid passport for six months after the planned trip. :confused:

I arrived last night from London with GC + NP and the IO don't even check the first page of the passport all he did find an empty page and placed his stamp with ARC.

As AILA states in their letter provided by thankful, this new revision of requirements for I-131 is nothing but another avenue to generate extra revenue and pass costs to customers.
Fees keep going up, processing time is getting worse for some applicants and USCIS keeps setting more roadblocks for its clients.
Instead of simplifying the process it is complicating it.
Getting and using combination of NP + GC might be a good option for some asylees / refugees.

Can someone please clarify me this.
My sister filed her I-131 on december... and its pending...
Is USCIS going to notify her to pay the $80 and then take her biometrics? or this new thing is only for applications filed after march 5th?

Well I kind of agree with USCIS ONLY if they stopped making people go to secondary after this. If a digital FP is something they want to make themselves more secure instead of guessing someone's ID, then go for it.

However, they also need to minimize the processing time & not act as if this document is from Mars when given to the local officers at the airports.

I wonder if it will cause the same FBI delays as was the case with I-485s and N-400s and name checks issues.

Can someone please clarify me this.
My sister filed her I-131 on december... and its pending...
Is USCIS going to notify her to pay the $80 and then take her biometrics? or this new thing is only for applications filed after march 5th?

After March 5th I would assume.

Question

Will this be applied retroactive? meaning all of us waiting for our RTD to be process will have to take biometrics?