Biometrics for I-485

gcfinder

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed I-485 on june-29-07. (TSC)
Got fingerprint notice on oct 2007. Went and gave the fingerprints.

till date I did not hear anything about my case. So I called up customer service and put a service request. Today I got a letter saying that TSC is waiting for my biometrics.

I dont know whether they did not receive my first biometrics or they are looking for fresh prints again. Does the bio metrics expire after a certain time period?

should I call and take an appointment or wait for their notice? I did not even know that I need to give fingerprints till I put up a service request.

please advise?

thanks,
gcfinder

they do expire, I dont remember extact time frame of validity ( 12 or 18 months) ... they will send you letter again to go for bm again.

do you think I should call them and take an appointment or should I wait for the biometrics appointment letter from them? please advise.

Biometric (finger print check) expired every 15 months. You need new biometrics notice. Call Customer Service to send Biometric notice.

Hi,

I filed I-485 on june-29-07. (TSC)
Got fingerprint notice on oct 2007. Went and gave the fingerprints.

till date I did not hear anything about my case. So I called up customer service and put a service request. Today I got a letter saying that TSC is waiting for my biometrics.

I dont know whether they did not receive my first biometrics or they are looking for fresh prints again. Does the bio metrics expire after a certain time period?

should I call and take an appointment or wait for their notice? I did not even know that I need to give fingerprints till I put up a service request.

please advise?

thanks,
gcfinder

I never called, i received 2nd notice Feb 2009. My first FP was done Aug 2007. But calling won't hurt anything...

Biometric (finger print check) expired every 15 months. You need new biometrics notice. Call Customer Service to send Biometric notice.

Got the 485 approval notice in the meanwhile. :)
So I think I will not wait for finger print letter anymore ;)