Biometrics for Children Under 14 Years.

Openarms

Registered Users (C)
Is this true that dependent children under 14 years old does not need biometrics for I-485 approval. TSC Immigration Officer says 'Yes'.

Kids need fingerprint even they are under 14!

Heard a few weeks ago, my neighbor's daughter, who is a second grader, 8 or 9 years old, had her fingerprint taken. But ONLY one finger's fingerprint was taken (probably one for each hand, not sure). NOT like adults whoes 8 fingers and 2 thumbs have to be fingerprinted.

My kids who are under 12 years did not receive any biometrics notice at all. Myself and my spouse had our fingerprinting done on 7/11/07. My Attorney said that my kids will not have biometrics.

I've also seen a case where the biometrics appointment for the kid was sent after the primary dependent's I-485 was approved. So I'm not really worried.

Hi,
Usually they approve kids application and then ask for the biometrics, so wait for the approvals- code 1, thump and photo for the card production.

My attorney said that under 14 years old kids they don't require finger prints. They use the photo graphs that we send along with application.

not true

My attorney said that under 14 years old kids they don't require finger prints. They use the photo graphs that we send along with application.

My daughter had bio metric/finger print last March.. I am still stuck in NC:mad:

PD :05/2001

I went yesterday and there was an indian couple also there. They filled out paperwork, but the kids who where I guess 3-4 and a baby did not get a number. Everybody else did. And what was strange, the lady from USCIS approached the Indian lady and told her she had to take out her earrrings AND nose rings otherwise she could not be photographed. The husband came to her rescue and tried to explain that the nose jewelry was part of their culture and could only be removed by a doctor otherwise it will probably bleed. The USCIS lady than told her that she had several people coming there who used a plier to get the jewelry out,which is a round small balltype with a straight pin that goes thru the top of nose. They were told that the new requirements for pictures DO NOT allow any kind of jewelry even if it's part of culture.
So for the Indian women out there if you need to go for code 3, start looking how you will remove the nose piece at home.

Kids need biometrics. They take picture and finger print of right index finger. Picture is also needed for producing card as the picture submitted at the time of application was old and most likely not with current picture format

Name Check info

Time Line EB3

Please advise how and where we find NAME CHECK clearence information.

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007
Finger Printing done on 11/6/2007

So is there a way that I can trigger bio metrics for my kids then? they have not received so fare our I-485 is pending since December 2003.

Daughter approved

My daughter's case was approved Tuesday. She has not FP so far, but had submitted several photos for the AP purposes. We have not received the approval notice yet. Will see.

You can try

So is there a way that I can trigger bio metrics for my kids then? they have not received so fare our I-485 is pending since December 2003.

In theory, you do not need to do anything. The AP will be issued (1) your cases are with IO, and ready to be approved, or (2) after appoval of your kids.

In March of this year, we were told everything is ready except the FP of kid. By that time my family was planning for a 3 months summer vacation outside US. I tried very hard to trigger the FP for my kid but failed.
My lawyer said it is impossible and did not do anything.
My congressman's office said they would try, but then all silence.
My senator's office did not even answer my request.
The only way I had not tried was to call the INS.

May you good luck.