Biometrics AFTER asylum interview??!

Hisham2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
please let me know if this normal or not, I had my asylum interview on April 2009, and because I had a strong case I got recommended approval letter no more than a week after that, but since then my case is pending, I already had two EADs so far with no problems at all and never heard anything from the asylum office, back in May 2010 I went to the asylum office to check for any updates about mu I-589 and they said it still pending, so far its normal I guess but yesterday I got a biometrics notice with a receipt number starts with ZAR for a pending asylum case?? can anyone tell if that a good or a bad thing ? or is it nothing at all ? because I already did my biometrics BEFORE my asylum interview so why would they send me another one now for the same case?

Biometrics are valid for a certain period and it's normal to have them taken again if the case is not adjudicated completely.

thank's for you reply , I'm aware of that but the fact that they asked for that mean they need for something right? I know other people who have had a pending case for over 6 years and have never asked for biometrics at all

Well it actually is a good news for you, usually if they request new FP it means your case is nearing final processing and since the prints are old they need fresh prints to run a recent check and render a decision. For the people in wait with expired FP and no new FP request usually means no movement on their cases.

Biometrics are valid for 15 months. Your case was Recommended for Approval, since you haven't received your Final Approval yet which could be why the receipt number has a pending code. I wouldn't worry about that because it's normal processing for prints every 15 months.

Hi guys,
please let me know if this normal or not, I had my asylum interview on April 2009, and because I had a strong case I got recommended approval letter no more than a week after that, but since then my case is pending, I already had two EADs so far with no problems at all and never heard anything from the asylum office, back in May 2010 I went to the asylum office to check for any updates about mu I-589 and they said it still pending, so far its normal I guess but yesterday I got a biometrics notice with a receipt number starts with ZAR for a pending asylum case?? can anyone tell if that a good or a bad thing ? or is it nothing at all ? because I already did my biometrics BEFORE my asylum interview so why would they send me another one now for the same case?

Congratulations,

If you have a recommended approval ,then this means that your name check process has been completed and your case is ready for a final approval.

After they take your finger prints,you will receive the I-94, approval letter, and a new EAD category a05(valid for 2 years)

Assylum, I hope that is is the case, I don't realy want to get my hopes high so I won't ge disapointed, again I hope hat is the case and thank you fro you input, I'll keep you guys up-to-date whenever somrthing changes

Assylum, I hope that is is the case, I don't realy want to get my hopes high so I won't ge disapointed, again I hope hat is the case and thank you fro you input, I'll keep you guys up-to-date whenever somrthing changes
Hi Hisham... I know it's an old post, but I am going through the same situation now. I had my asylum interview 2.5 years ago and recently I received a 2nd biomatrix notice. Would you please share how long you had to wait for your approval after the 2nd biomatrix notice? Thanks,