Biometrics AFTER asylum interview??!

Hisham2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
please let me know if this normal or not, I had my asylum interview on April 2009, and because I had a strong case I got recommended approval letter no more than a week after that, but since then my case is pending, I already had two EADs so far with no problems at all and never heard anything from the asylum office, back in May 2010 I went to the asylum office to check for any updates about mu I-589 and they said it still pending, so far its normal I guess but yesterday I got a biometrics notice with a receipt number starts with ZAR for a pending asylum case?? can anyone tell if that a good or a bad thing ? or is it nothing at all ? because I already did my biometrics BEFORE my asylum interview so why would they send me another one now for the same case?

Hisham2005

Registered Users (C)
thank's for you reply , I'm aware of that but the fact that they asked for that mean they need for something right? I know other people who have had a pending case for over 6 years and have never asked for biometrics at all

namecheckvictim

Registered Users (C)
Well it actually is a good news for you, usually if they request new FP it means your case is nearing final processing and since the prints are old they need fresh prints to run a recent check and render a decision. For the people in wait with expired FP and no new FP request usually means no movement on their cases.

F

fat_face

Biometrics are valid for 15 months. Your case was Recommended for Approval, since you haven't received your Final Approval yet which could be why the receipt number has a pending code. I wouldn't worry about that because it's normal processing for prints every 15 months.

assylum

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
please let me know if this normal or not, I had my asylum interview on April 2009, and because I had a strong case I got recommended approval letter no more than a week after that, but since then my case is pending, I already had two EADs so far with no problems at all and never heard anything from the asylum office, back in May 2010 I went to the asylum office to check for any updates about mu I-589 and they said it still pending, so far its normal I guess but yesterday I got a biometrics notice with a receipt number starts with ZAR for a pending asylum case?? can anyone tell if that a good or a bad thing ? or is it nothing at all ? because I already did my biometrics BEFORE my asylum interview so why would they send me another one now for the same case?
Congratulations,

If you have a recommended approval ,then this means that your name check process has been completed and your case is ready for a final approval.

After they take your finger prints,you will receive the I-94, approval letter, and a new EAD category a05(valid for 2 years)

Hisham2005

Registered Users (C)
Assylum, I hope that is is the case, I don't realy want to get my hopes high so I won't ge disapointed, again I hope hat is the case and thank you fro you input, I'll keep you guys up-to-date whenever somrthing changes

Assylum, I hope that is is the case, I don't realy want to get my hopes high so I won't ge disapointed, again I hope hat is the case and thank you fro you input, I'll keep you guys up-to-date whenever somrthing changes
Hi Hisham... I know it's an old post, but I am going through the same situation now. I had my asylum interview 2.5 years ago and recently I received a 2nd biomatrix notice. Would you please share how long you had to wait for your approval after the 2nd biomatrix notice? Thanks,