Biometric appointment Fiasco !

outletvolt1

Registered Users (C)
As many of you know that I had made a biometric appointment by calling
800 number listed on my 485 approval notice. We got two confirmation
numbers to be taken to San Jose ASC.

I called 800 number just to confirm my appointment. I wanted to do
this because there was a change in procedure and I wanted to be cautious.

It seems that 800 number doesn't have ANY record of giving me a biometric
appointment at San Jose ASC !!!

Others who have made such appointment should call and confirm this
as well.

outletvolt1 said:
As many of you know that I had made a biometric appointment by calling
800 number listed on my 485 approval notice. We got two confirmation
numbers to be taken to San Jose ASC.

I called 800 number just to confirm my appointment. I wanted to do
this because there was a change in procedure and I wanted to be cautious.

It seems that 800 number doesn't have ANY record of giving me a biometric
appointment at San Jose ASC !!!

Others who have made such appointment should call and confirm this
as well.

You took second confirmations just for safer side or for your family member? ;)
If they can’t access your previous record then I would like to take multiple appointments so that at least one of them will work. ;) I remember they asked my A# and WAC# before giving me confirmation#. I am sure with this it is track-able.
If it is not traceable then CIS will be in deep trouble. ASC do their billing to CIS based on these confirmation numbers.
I read in this forum that double-checking your appointment is a good practice so how other people are checking it? I did talk to their supervisor 3 weeks ago and have seen that ASC get daily manifest from CIS with name, A# and time for appointees. That manifest was certainly generated by computer. I suggest that try one more time perhaps that person is not trained on their system.

Thanks Lingeron, good info.

I called 800 numbers two times and both times they told me that my
number is not traceable. I hadn't taken second appointment. But I'll
take one anyway.

If ASC bills CIS based on confirmation number, then what happens to
people who do walk-in biometrics without ever taking confirmation number ?

I called 1-800# 3 weeks ago to reconfirm my biometrics appointment at SJ ASC center. You are right that USCIS can not search by confirmation number. I then provided my A#, name, address. It took USCIS 3 minutes, but the USCIS rep. finally reconfirmed my appointment time by A#, name, and address.

Folks,

Why you guys are wasting your time making an appointment then verifying etc etc ? when you can just drop in to the Oakland ASC or San francisco ASC ? I did this within a week and got my physical card within a week after that.

And also sooner you do the best that they can remember after that they start asking whether it was genuinely approved blah blah ;-)

-Sonpapdi

outletvolt1 said:
Thanks Lingeron, good info.

I called 800 numbers two times and both times they told me that my
number is not traceable. I hadn't taken second appointment. But I'll
take one anyway.

If ASC bills CIS based on confirmation number, then what happens to
people who do walk-in biometrics without ever taking confirmation number ?

Actually ASC got beating because of walk-in Bio people and that is why they are little cautious on this.
Today (10/22/05) I just applied their trick on them. I was reasonably sure that they couldn’t access appointment detail until they call CIS. They only get daily printout from CIS. I simply bluffed and told them that I have appointment on October 25th(next working day) and I gave my Nov 19th conformation number. Luckily there was a good Asian guy at front desk today and he said it is little crowded now (9:30am) and asked me to come around 2:30pm. Though it was sill crowded but I was out well before 3pm after completing my Bio.

sonpapdi said:
Folks,

Why you guys are wasting your time making an appointment then verifying etc etc ? when you can just drop in to the Oakland ASC or San francisco ASC ? I did this within a week and got my physical card within a week after that.

And also sooner you do the best that they can remember after that they start asking whether it was genuinely approved blah blah ;-)

-Sonpapdi

Sonpapdi,
I understand your point but we were screwed up because of several walk-in people Like you in late September (no offense) ;) Actually you name is so sweet that no one is able to say NO to you.. :D
I tried in San Jose and Oakland ASC but no luck. Finally I got it done today at San Jose by giving little Bu!!Sh!t.
Any way our 5 years counter starts from the day of approval and not from day of Bio so a month here and there doesn't matter though the sooner you get peace of mind the better it is.

- non-lingeron..

lingeron,

No in fact two of my friends did it just some few days back .. walk in I mean and no one complained about it. One went to Oakland and the other to SFO. They usually take a copy of our I-485 approval notice and that's it since we actually don't have the bio appointment letter. I actually even asked the supervisor if there is anything wrong and he said no and added that it is good that you came in early and we can accomadate you folks. So I think the best thing one should do is in the week day (which i went) and I'm sure they will help you.

-Sonpapdi