Biological father offered adopted son a job in California. TN VISA?

Kama542

Hello, my husband was adopted at birth and now has a relationship with his birth father. His father offered to petition for us to immigrate, however that would take 15+ years, and we are not sure how "bonafide" their relation ship is as a father-child relationship as they only met a few times after birth, they did send letters and such as well.

His biological father is very high up at a large vehicle dealership in California and wants to hire my husband who is also in sales here in Canada. By definition that I have found, a salesperson is considered a "skilled worker". Does this then mean that he would qualify for the E-3 visa? (Employment Third Preference) and if so how long would this take?

If not, what other options do we have?

Don't confuse EB-3 which is for permanent green card, vs. TN, which is for temporary work. Salespersons are NOT eligible for TN.
It would be a very difficult stretch for your husband to get a green card under EB-3, since regardless if he meets the definition of a skilled worker, his sponsor would have to prove that he has unique skills that no one else in US can fill -- highly doubtful.
F-3 based on him being his married son, will indeed take at least a dozen years.
Perhaps it would be more useful for your husband to determine if he is not already a US citizen. Was either your husband or his birth father born in US?
Or perhaps you have a professional job in which you could be hired in US?

Don't confuse EB-3 which is for permanent green card, vs. TN, which is for temporary work. Salespersons are NOT eligible for TN.
It would be a very difficult stretch for your husband to get a green card under EB-3, since regardless if he meets the definition of a skilled worker, his sponsor would have to prove that he has unique skills that no one else in US can fill -- highly doubtful.
F-3 based on him being his married son, will indeed take at least a dozen years.
Perhaps it would be more useful for your husband to determine if he is not already a US citizen. Was either your husband or his birth father born in US?
Or perhaps you have a professional job in which you could be hired in US?

No sadly neither were born there. His father moved shortly after my husband was born here in Canada.

Maybe we will just have to suck it up and wait!