Hey RunningSloth, thanks a lot for your reply..!!
(1) I know, I was asking what does it mean when the PD is 'Unavailable'. If you see the first post of the topic, it says EB-3 is 'Unavailable'.
(2) and (3): I know that, thats why I said, if my GC process starts under EB-3 and then if I do get promoted to a _position_ which falls under EB-2, I am just trying to find out what are my options. Do I need to go through the whole labor process again ? or just file for I-140 under new category ?
(4) Can anybody please confirm this ?
(5) What do others have to say ?
Btw, I have another question:
(6) I just checked the visa bulletin:
For sept 08 the PD for employment based visa were:
EB-2: 01 AUG 06
For oct-08, the PD for employment based visa are:
EB-2: 01 APR 03
EB-3 01 Jul 01
(a) How did the PD go in the reverse direction, from 06 to 03 ??
(b) the difference between eb-2 and eb-3 in oct-08 is just 2 years. thats not very bad is it ? can the difference in years increase later on ??
Thanks, I am sorry if my questions seem a little naive, but I am just new to this.