BHMS planning to go to PA school

Samhita

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate in Homeopathy from India.In USA I want to continue my education in medical profession.I was willing to join med school here,tried to contact so many people and universities but no luck so far.They say I need to be a permanent resident plus have atleast 2yrs of education from US college in order to get admission in med school.
Now I am planning to go for Physician Assistant Program.For that too they are asking some pre-req done here.
Anyone here who has joined PA program or has experience of the process,please let me know what was it like and what did you do to get admitted.
I would also like to know any recommendations for credential evaluation services,I am thinking IERF based in California.Any info on that?
Any information/comments will be appreciated.

Thank you

Pre Qualification for PA

To get admission in MS PA course you must fulfill minimum following courses + GRE ofcourse TOEFL

1. Pre-Professional Prerequisites for MS (PA):
A. Life Sciences (12 semester hours minimum)
1. Must include 2 courses (8 semester hours total) in anatomy and physiology at the pre-med level or for science majors, including lab.

2. Must include a course in microbiology (3 semester hours minimum), preferably with a lab.

Additional courses include: Cell biology, cell physiology, embryology, endocrinology, genetics, histology, virology, immunology, molecular biology, neurobiology, bacteriology, and epidemiology.

B. Chemistry ( 12 semester hours minimum)
1. Must include the complete sequence (2-3 semesters) of general chemistry at the pre-med level or for science majors, including lab.

2. A course in organic or *biochemistry is also required.

C. Statistics (3 semester hours)
1. One introductory course in statistics.

D. Social Sciences (6 semester hours minimum)
1. Must include a course in general or introductory psychology.

2. Additional courses may include: developmental psychology, abnormal psychology, sociology, health care ethics or death and dying.

Most of the BHMS course does not teach basic sciences like micro biology, bio chemistry etc.

Your Materia Medica may not be recognized and helpful. You should start going to state university get credit for individaul courses with B or A grade even before applying a PA courses.

To go to medical school you no need to be US Citizen or green card holder but you must have done your pre-medical course with a BS (4 years ) degree in a US university - GPA at least 3.65 and good MCAT score.

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate in Homeopathy from India.In USA I want to continue my education in medical profession.I was willing to join med school here,tried to contact so many people and universities but no luck so far.They say I need to be a permanent resident plus have atleast 2yrs of education from US college in order to get admission in med school.
Now I am planning to go for Physician Assistant Program.For that too they are asking some pre-req done here.
Anyone here who has joined PA program or has experience of the process,please let me know what was it like and what did you do to get admitted.
I would also like to know any recommendations for credential evaluation services,I am thinking IERF based in California.Any info on that?

Thank you

Hello there, good to know that you want to attend med school. The proces is very rigourous for an international student but it is very possible. You just have to meet the requirements and have THE CASH to pay for it. Like i mentioned earlier there are TONS of US med schools that offers admission to international students.

here is a web site to help in your processing.

1. http://www.fiu.edu/~preprofc/Inter...l_Policies.htm

2. http://premed.uga.edu/guide/four.htm

Good luck.

Med School

One must understand impossibilities involved in going to US Med School.

People with BHMS, first of all they are not even qualify to go their country Medical school. (They score very littele grade intheir qualifying exam i.e 12th grade) Even students (US Citizens) who graduate here are not able to get suffiecient GPA and MCAT score to go to US Med School. probably they go to their home country to pay capitation fees /donation upto US$100,000 to get medical school seat where there is only minimum score is required. Here in US Medical school requirements are much more than any other country (Requirements good GPA 3.5 min BS Level with competative MCAT score)

Hello there, good to know that you want to attend med school. The proces is very rigourous for an international student but it is very possible. You just have to meet the requirements and have THE CASH to pay for it. Like i mentioned earlier there are TONS of US med schools that offers admission to international students.

here is a web site to help in your processing.

1. http://www.fiu.edu/~preprofc/Inter...l_Policies.htm

2. http://premed.uga.edu/guide/four.htm

Good luck.

hii samhita

i have also done bhms . i can gve u little bit information.. can i have ur email id..

Hi Dhanvi,

My name is Apexa. I also need some information for Homeopath practice in US. I am currently in US on H4. Can you please fwd me the information you have?

Thank you

Actually both of these courses are good in their own fields.but to precise i will advise for masters in health administration.

Hello everyone,

Thank you
I also done my bhms from india can you able to go in PA school in usa ?