Bhanu, dan dan, others, FP Mess-up

india_485

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke to FBI office . The lady there asked told me that both my and my wife\'s prints were processed on 9th May and send to Nabaraska Service Center.

I don\'t understand one thing here. Why did they send the results to Nabaraska when everything else is being done at Vermont? My 140, 485 were filed at VSC.

Can someone please tell if this is a problem?

CAse Details: EB2, PD 10/12, I485 ND 12/12/00, FP done on 5/2/01,
EAC-01-056-xxxxx

No Title

Where did you get your FP done? Ws it in a state outside the VSC jurisdiction? I would call the FBI again and ask them why it was sent to NSC, when it should have been sent to VSC.

--Perplexed!!

No Title

Where did you do your FP ? If it is under
NSC area then it\'s common practice for fbi to
send result back to NSC. NSC will internally
transfer your FP to vsc. This is exactly what
happened to my friend.

No Title

My details are similar to yours.
RD 12/00
ND 01/01

FP 04/26
Results sent TSC. But my 485 is VSC.

Checked with my lawyer. She says "Some times these type of cases may be transfered to local office".

I may be wrong check with your lawyer again.

Thanks,
Ram

No Title

I would suggest you call VSC and check and if they say everything is ok then you should be ok.

No Title

I was in similar situation. I live in seattle whereas my 485 filed in VSC.(My co. HQ is NY-VSC Area)
I did my FP on 5/3/01 and FBI told that they sent my fp to NSC.

Today I called IIO VSC and they verified that my FP\'s are recd and they are fine.

You need A# in order for IIO to check the status.

No Title

indk21,

Can you please tell me when you applied for 485? What is your RD/ND? Just to get an idea to know how long it takes to FP after filing 485.

Thanks

No Title

After reading India_485\'s post I also called FBI to
check my FP status. As I did my FP in LA they had sent
the results to CSC insted of VSC.I am really hoping that
this won\'t trigger 485 transfer. I\'ll call up VSC tomorrow
to check on it.

No Title

I live in NC which I think falls under TSC. I did my FP on 5/2/01 in Raleigh, NC. My company HQ is in PA so applied for everything in VSC (140, 485, EAD, AP). But where did NSC came from???

I will call FBI again today and see what can be done.

Couldn\'t get through VSC line. Will keep trying for that and will post the details here.

Thanks Guys for all the ur posts.

No Title

Consult your attorney for possible response. However, until one INS Service center receives the FP, INS would keep your query/response in abeyance until they come to know what service center has received the FP. You can begin the process now and prepare for it proactively.

Bhanu

No Title

I spoke to FBI again last night and the lady told me that it does not matter. All the FP results are avaibale to other service centers also so VSC can retrieve from there.

I wanted to confirm this with an IIO but couldn\'t get through VSC line. Anyone had any success lately in contaction VSC during work hours?

No Title

I called VSC today & spoke to IIO she said they have
received our FPS in Aug 2000 itself & they look fine.
I think you should call them up too. But do not mention
about TSC or NSC just to avoid the confusion.

No Title

Just talked to an IIO. They have recieved my FP results and everything is fine.

So it seems that the theory by "still_waiting" that all results sre routed through NSC is correct!!!

No Title

Don\'t worry and talk to IIO.

My FP was scheduled for INS Pittsburgh but I got my FP done at Oklahoma City. I called FBI, they said my FP is sent to Texas SC (which was supposed to be sent to Vermont SC). Yesterday I talked to VSC IIO and IIO said my FP info. is back from FBI.

I think they got centralised system for FP records.

All the best