Best timefor applying marriage based GC

NEWFILER

Registered Users (C)
This is Q on behalf newly wed couple and they do not know where to post.
What will be the best suggested time(period elapse) to apply after the marriage (sponsor USC spouse)Like 1 month 2 months after etc.(assuming they have staeted having other joint kind of things like bank accounts,health insurance etc started just after marriage)?

This is Q on behalf newly wed couple and they do not know where to post.
What will be the best suggested time(period elapse) to apply after the marriage (sponsor USC spouse)Like 1 month 2 months after etc.(assuming they have staeted having other joint kind of things like bank accounts,health insurance etc started just after marriage)?

I assume your friends don't have a computer with access to the internet? Moreover, are you a selfish friend who can't ask them to create an account on this website? Just wondering....:(

As far as I know, there is no best time for them to submit their green card application. The key is if they have the money, required documentation to have a successful filling with USCIS. While their application is going to through USCIS, be working on compiling strong evidence to make sure that their case is approved and adjudicated without any complications. The absence of evidence proving bona fide marriage might cause them problems with USCIS.

I assume your friends don't have a computer with access to the internet? Moreover, are you a selfish friend who can't ask them to create an account on this website? Just wondering....:(

As far as I know, there is no best time for them to submit their green card application. The key is if they have the money, required documentation to have a successful filling with USCIS. While their application is going to through USCIS, be working on compiling strong evidence to make sure that their case is approved and adjudicated without any complications. The absence of evidence proving bona fide marriage might cause them problems with USCIS.
Yes.Me too was wondering when they asked me.Right?:)
They have those you mentioned but they were naive of immigration matters and how to frame a Q.Excusable?:) NO?OK any way I was willing to help them by putting it here.
I knew (generally)if they can prove what CIS wants? they will be ok.This is so true like sun rises in the east.(Generalic theme).
But
Now coming to the point straight--Immediately after marriage(with in a month) and if they just started common things like bank statements ete etc and no lease on them,
how it will be viewed by CIS ?
May be Forum members sheds some light on if they knew some thing past on this or similar experiences they knew:)
Thanks.Al.

The "best time" depends on various factors. Are they both inside or outside the US? Or is one inside and the other outside? If the noncitizen is inside, did he/she enter the US legally? Are they already married, or still planning to get married? If already married, is it almost 2 years since they got married? If not, how long have they been married? Any children or stepchildren, and what are their ages?

The "best time" depends on various factors. Are they both inside or outside the US? Or is one inside and the other outside? If the noncitizen is inside, did he/she enter the US legally? Are they already married, or still planning to get married? If already married, is it almost 2 years since they got married? If not, how long have they been married? Any children or stepchildren, and what are their ages?

They are both inside US.
Yes.Non citizen entered on F1 and still maintaining valid status.
They marrried recently.
How long--1 month(This is the stem for the Q).
No children.
Recently started (with in a month) having joint--
bank account.etc.Next week will add for auto,medical insurances.
No lease.(Please see other post Q -name on lease).but can have both included in utility bills of parent's (But not on lease).

How long ago did the noncitizen spouse first start studying with the F1, and when was their most recent entry to the US?

Almost 6 years ago and recent entry 4 years ago.

Unless the F1 has a criminal background, I don't see any problems. What will be critical is the evidence of joint cohabitation, how long have they been dating before they jumped into marriage?

Unless the F1 has a criminal background, I don't see any problems. What will be critical is the evidence of joint cohabitation, how long have they been dating before they jumped into marriage?
They were collegemates in the first 2 years of 8 years.They were just friends for all these years and dating started about 1 year before marriage.

Last edited by a moderator: