Benefits from asylum

GODPURPOSE

Hello guys! i have been approved for asylum by the chicago office! but i live in indiana! how should I apply for benefits if I want to move to New York! is it possible to apply for it in New York?

what do you mean by benefits? SSN card? . you can apply for that at any Social Security Amination location . if you mean work permit, the asylum office submits the application for you . make sure to change your address when you move with the USCIS and USPS .

Thank you! I mean the benefits with the regional center like cash assistance, Medicare, housing assistance etc…

Thank you! I mean the benefits with the regional center like cash assistance, Medicare, housing assistance etc…
i believe those are administrated by states , you have to be eligible to receive them base don your income . to answer your question yeah you can apply for them if you move to NY

I was granted asylum on Nov 8.
I applied for SSN and showed them
my EAD along with my passport. The officer who works for SSN asked me when I entered USA.
Will I be given a restricted SSN?
Does Social Security check my status with USCIS?
Thank you.

my EAD along with my passport. The officer who works for SSN asked me when I entered USA.
Thank you.
Asylees get unrestricted SS cards.

He did not even ask me my I-94 :/ that is weird. He treated me like a temporary EAD worker. I told them immediately but he said I will get a restricted SSN and he told me to apply again while applying for greencard :/ this is so sad :/

If you get a restricted SS card just go immediately again to get it replaced with an unrestricted SS card. You do not need to wait until you get a green card. Though it practice it doesn't really matter, as the only benefit of an unrestricted SS card is the ability to use it as proof of work authorization for the I-9, and your asylee I-94 works just as well as proof of work authorization for the I-9.

What documents should I show those people? They don't even listen to people. They did not listen to me when I tried to explain. I have excellent command of English but they treat poorly and in a vulgar manner. What documents should I show them? Are they going to send me a totally new card?

I can only tell you what the official manual says. According to the SSA Program Operations Manual System (POMS), RM 10211.205, you can present an I-94, an I-797 notice of action with an attached I-94, an EAD with category A05, or an immigration judge order granting asylum. Regardless of which of these you present, you should receive an unrestricted SS card. See section C:
Treat SSN applicants who submit evidence of asylee status as permanent resident aliens with permanent employment authorization. The Social Security Administration (SSA) issues asylees unrestricted SSN cards (cards without a legend).

He did not even ask me my I-94 :/ that is weird. He treated me like a temporary EAD worker. I told them immediately but he said I will get a restricted SSN and he told me to apply again while applying for greencard :/ this is so sad :/

don't show your EAD card to SAA or DMV . show your i-94 with letter of asylum approval, that what i have been doing . DMV tried to issue me a temp 1 year driver license when i showed my EAD instead of 5 years .

With a restricted card you can't use it for retirement benefits etc. I know what I am telling.
that is not true, you can get a job and start paying into ssa , you dont require an unrestricted ssn ,dont let perceived prejudice cause you to assert falsehood, i have a restrited ssn and i work for a fortune 500 company and have benefits

that is not true, you can get a job and start paying into ssa , you dont require an unrestricted ssn ,dont let perceived prejudice cause you to assert falsehood, i have a restrited ssn and i work for a fortune 500 company and have benefits
He meant for "Social Security Retirement Benefits", Job benefits (including retirement) comes from the organization

Thank you.
Hey my ead number of days is not moving for 3 days now clock is stuck and but it says my clock currently running, what hopes do I have? Is it approval or referral?